Sign in to follow this  
Sprony

Nintendo Switch

Saw this today, im like, wtf. I work alot with cardboard and man its a coooool idea but i can see the shit breaking fast :o

Hopefully they will have cheaper "spare-parts?

3 hours ago, Tisky said:

Hopefully they will have cheaper "spare-parts?

I mean cardboard is pretty cheap you could just cut out your own replacements I guess. I'm sure each box could come with a code for a template or whatever.

This doesn't interest me at all but I could see it being fun for kids.

For the record, this gets absolutely no hate from me!

I'm about to have a kid, and stuff like this is perfect for children. Not everything video game related is aimed towards pro-gamer twitch-streamer Darksouls-platinum-trophy people. :P

DAE feel kinda freaked out holding one of these in the portable mode? I grew up playing the original Gameboy and the shitty ass Sega GameGear. The amount of power and stimulation this thing offers in portable is so weird it’s almsot scary. It’s  like holding a tiny little world when I play Zelda, like that makes it feel heavier? Technology has gotten crazy.

18 minutes ago, Andre Valera said:

haha I only got a chance to play the Sega Gamegear a few times but jeez never got the impression it was "shitty ass" 

I only had Shinobi, Sonic and Mortal Kombat. I love Sega but those games were straight junk lol

17 minutes ago, [HP] said:

Oh game gear... I was able to make it to the end of the first level in sonic... then all the 38 batteries it needed to function ran out. lol

I used to play it attached to the wall. “Portable system”...

I think it's easy to forget that the game gear is an 8bit console, akin to NES and the Master System too. But then again, the game boy was too, and the game selection was far superior.

45 minutes ago, [HP] said:

I think it's easy to forget that the game gear is an 8bit console, akin to NES and the Master System too. But then again, the game boy was too, and the game selection was far superior.

Yes, I agree. The software could have been good, but I think it was just the fact that they made the games so impossible. They just overshot the difficulty in many of the game designs.

It was really hard to even get past the first level of this. 

But the fact that we went from that to this  

FEB4F50E-E9E4-4233-80C2-9D96D286C133.jpeg.39bb1414caabe0cdb029a5dfd3818bac.jpeg

is amazing.

Yeap, I've said this many times, and I'll say it again, we're gonna be talking about Zelda BotW for decades to come. It's one of the most important games in a while, it's a pure "video game" experience, on a freaking handheld. ahah