Sprony

What movie is this?

13 hours ago, +Rusty+ said:

ohh Spiderman homecoming! only recently watched that aswell but from the pics could have literally been anything in my mind^^.. @Mitch Mitchell Looks like something way b4 my time but for some reason i feel like iv seen this shot before?? is there any hints (without giving it away) curious... would you say this is a known classic in anyway?

One of the most famous films ever made, for sure.

I had to take a shot of when the male character was not facing the camera, but had a slight angle on his face, or it really would've given it away. There are clues there, though.

On 9/3/2018 at 11:42 PM, +Rusty+ said:

ohh Spiderman homecoming! only recently watched that aswell but from the pics could have literally been anything in my mind^^..

Oh yeah, me too. Didn’t make me think of such a recent movie, that (ironic) comment about being fromthe last 10-15 years three me off, the first shot made me think of Collateral and the second of Deja Vu, then I checked screens online and couldn’t find those so I knew I was wrong.

Coney Island ferries and generally NYC is so prominently featured in cinema that you really need to see something memorable.

What I recognised in the second shot tho was how close Rockstar managed to make GTA4 locations to the real city. I can deffo remember wizzing past that corner many times to escape cops, also there’s were couple missions taking you there.

7 hours ago, Mitch Mitchell said:

Sorry, no. Wasn't that in colour?

Once you identify the male character, it really should fall into place...

Yeah, I think it’s as well most often referred as the first movie in colour, but a google search actually says differently.

~

He makes me think of Gregory Peck, but the only movie I know him for doesn’t have that lady in it.

So assuming you went for a classic I haven’t seen, I will just chance that you have a Casablanca screenshot there.

Edited by blackdog

11 hours ago, blackdog said:

Yeah, I think it’s as well most often referred as the first movie in colour, but a google search actually says differently.

~

He makes me think of Gregory Peck, but the only movie I know him for doesn’t have that lady in it.

So assuming you went for a classic I haven’t seen, I will just chance that you have a Casablanca screenshot there.

Sorry again. I thought that would be too easy, but you are going in the right direction.

More detective work needed.

Edited by Mitch Mitchell
dropping hints

The "Maltese Falcon" very close guess by Pericolos0 should have been the biggest hint, plus, the bolding of the word Detective was more than enough - but I'll play.

This film is famous for having one of the most intriguing and debated unsolved crimes in it, so much so, it is debated in colleges studying films and movies as a thought exercise. There are people who have made diagrams, spreadsheets and even made it their entire thesis to move through the topic.

Famous movie. Based on a famous book. Written by a famous author. Directed by a famous director. Starring two of the most famous Hollywood actors and actresses, ever.

I'll close by saying it would be an understatement to say it was genre defining, and even "Breaking Bad" writer-director Vince Gilligan used its cinematography in "Breaking Bad", and "Better Call Saul" albeit; in color.

On 9/14/2018 at 10:10 AM, Mitch Mitchell said:

The "Maltese Falcon" very close guess by Pericolos0 should have been the biggest hint, plus, the bolding of the word Detective was more than enough - but I'll play.

This film is famous for having one of the most intriguing and debated unsolved crimes in it, so much so, it is debated in colleges studying films and movies as a thought exercise. There are people who have made diagrams, spreadsheets and even made it their entire thesis to move through the topic.

Famous movie. Based on a famous book. Written by a famous author. Directed by a famous director. Starring two of the most famous Hollywood actors and actresses, ever.

I'll close by saying it would be an understatement to say it was genre defining, and even "Breaking Bad" writer-director Vince Gilligan used its cinematography in "Breaking Bad", and "Better Call Saul" albeit; in color.

Haven't seen it, but I did the detective work and found out it's The Big Sleep

10 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Can’t  remember this, I’m probably wrong but… Bridge of Spies?

You are very wrong