What movie is this?

Sprony

The "Maltese Falcon" very close guess by Pericolos0 should have been the biggest hint, plus, the bolding of the word Detective was more than enough - but I'll play.

This film is famous for having one of the most intriguing and debated unsolved crimes in it, so much so, it is debated in colleges studying films and movies as a thought exercise. There are people who have made diagrams, spreadsheets and even made it their entire thesis to move through the topic.

Famous movie. Based on a famous book. Written by a famous author. Directed by a famous director. Starring two of the most famous Hollywood actors and actresses, ever.

I'll close by saying it would be an understatement to say it was genre defining, and even "Breaking Bad" writer-director Vince Gilligan used its cinematography in "Breaking Bad", and "Better Call Saul" albeit; in color.

On 9/14/2018 at 10:10 AM, Mitch Mitchell said:

The "Maltese Falcon" very close guess by Pericolos0 should have been the biggest hint, plus, the bolding of the word Detective was more than enough - but I'll play.

This film is famous for having one of the most intriguing and debated unsolved crimes in it, so much so, it is debated in colleges studying films and movies as a thought exercise. There are people who have made diagrams, spreadsheets and even made it their entire thesis to move through the topic.

Famous movie. Based on a famous book. Written by a famous author. Directed by a famous director. Starring two of the most famous Hollywood actors and actresses, ever.

I'll close by saying it would be an understatement to say it was genre defining, and even "Breaking Bad" writer-director Vince Gilligan used its cinematography in "Breaking Bad", and "Better Call Saul" albeit; in color.

Haven't seen it, but I did the detective work and found out it's The Big Sleep