Sign in to follow this  
blackdog

DC's Cinematic Universe

So from ComicCon, DC has teased the Justice League movie:

I'm not gonna create another topic, but they also dropped Wonder Woman... which I wasn't keen especially as I don't like the casting, but the trailers shows some good coreography!

As suggested some time ago by Ben Afflek himself, he's not going to direct the solo Batman movie he will star in. He's still working on the script as well

http://l.gamespot.com/61808reAA

I guess that's not too bad, as good scripts is what there new DC movies need more than anything.

Edited by blackdog

There's a rumour that just came out yesterday.

Some people are saying that Ben Afflek is trying to get out of his contract: that means they would need to cast a new Batman after Justice League!

Weird. I mean I can understand why he would want to, the DCU seems an utter mess, the praised Jeff Jones direction doesn't seem to improve things… Ben must be getting really stressed. Or maybe he doesn't like the ridiculous sunglasses they put on the new suit 🤢

Shame because after all the critiques I found he was making a very good batman!

I know this is the Cinderella brand of superheroes right now, but they keep pushing out stuff.
The new Titans show might be worth...

The problematic thing is that DC is launching a streaming service*  of their own and this serie should headline there. So I wonder if they will still have agreements with Netflix/Amazon/NowTV.

*(for once they would be ahead of Marvel/Disney as it seems Disney will have an in-house streaming service of all their brands)

13 hours ago, Tisky said:

I thought Shazam looked so boring and crappy when i first saw the images, then i saw the trailer and now i kinda wanna see it.

Agreed, at first I thought it was another Superman type guy in a red outfit, nothing could be less interesting than that. I didn't know the premise of the story would be so funny. It actually seems like a pretty good idea.

FYI Dwayne Johnson has been attached to play Black Adam for years... I haven't heard rumours of him being in this movie, probably they'll do origin story and the second film will see The Rock fighting him

Ah is actually a month old news but i inly heard around ComiCon Disney has formalised and has been cleared to acquire Fox. So in the coming years Marvel should work stuff like Fantastic 4 in their current MCU, making the Illuminati thing and Secret Wars has been mentioned by the Russos.

But obvs this will take quite some time as surely Marvel needs a slam dunk when they bring their version of such battered characters to screen.

Also seems like it's already been said Deadpool will not be affected and they will keep doing their thing on the side (probably with more access to characters).

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/27/17509984/disney-21st-century-fox-acquisition-antitrust

Edited by blackdog

With the Fox-Disney deal official, these should be the consequences:

all Marvel content will be pulled from Netflix (except the Defenders series which apparently Netflix bought), everything that has ever come out will be on Disney's streaming service, the service probably offered as a mega-bundle that includes Hulu, where they would put R-rated content like Deadpool