[CS:GO] Thrill

BubkeZ

Ive played all recently released maps today. To be honest im a little bit disappointed of Thrill. Ofc its no bad map, but i doesnt feel ready yet. I got stuck at every corner at the A site.

I hope i dont sound too harsh, ofc it maybe still one of the best 100 maps ever made :), but i think there is still work to do. Looks like you rushed the release because of the operation deadline.

3 hours ago, baem123 said:

Ive played all recently released maps today. To be honest im a little bit disappointed of Thrill. Ofc its no bad map, but i doesnt feel ready yet. I got stuck at every corner at the A site.

I hope i dont sound too harsh, ofc it maybe still one of the best 100 maps ever made :), but i think there is still work to do. Looks like you rushed the release because of the operation deadline.

Can you get some pics of what corner you get stuck at? 
That would be helpful!

Been looking at the dev screenshots of this for months with anticipation.

Ran around this map for 20 minutes yesterday and was truly stunned by the visuals. My favorite color is orange, so I was really into the orange highlights and decals on white and silver backgrounds. The castle area is great, the roller coasters and queues look amazing, and the playable areas seem well proportioned.

I think this map likely has the same problem de_santorini had when it was first released—one or two superfluous little connectors. I wouldn't dare suggest which these are without some more playtesting, but I hope you guys are open to removing a connector or two (or vent) eventually for the sake of competitive balance.

Incredible work. I look forward to playing this in the operation!

Cool map! Love the visuals. Some feedback:

-The grass is a little repetitive, maybe use displacements w/ grass + gravel/dirt?
-Unless I'm mistaken, I didn't hear any ambient noise, felt a little dead w/o it
-The low metal shop/rolling door at A felt like it was hindering molotov/smoke throws, maybe intentional?

1 hour ago, Radix said:

So... finally played this online. As already said, it's really great. Intuitive layout, good space dimensions, good readability, outstanding visuals, (...)

Really professional work. Sadly the guys at Valve are by far not as professional at handling the workshop... :rolleyes:

Found some little things: http://imgur.com/a/uVOxU

I had a great time playing with you and the other folks :)

G3PBxsl.jpg

I believe Yanzl (partially) copied the text from an actual German sign, so blame them! More seriously, no idea what the mistakes are, but feel free to point them out (unless they're too funny to remove ;))

Thanks for the feedback!

14 hours ago, Squad said:

I had a great time playing with you and the other folks :)

G3PBxsl.jpg

I believe Yanzl (partially) copied the text from an actual German sign, so blame them! More seriously, no idea what the mistakes are, but feel free to point them out (unless they're too funny to remove ;))

Thanks for the feedback!

Current:

[...] Personen, die zum Beispiel aufgrund ihres Körperbaus oder durch eingeschränkten Gliedmaßen durch die vorhandenen sicher Sicherheitsbügel nicht sicher festgehalten werden können, dürfen nicht mitfahren. [...]

The following should be correct:

[...] Personen, die zum Beispiel aufgrund ihres Körperbaus oder durch eingeschränkte Gliedmaßen durch die vorhandenen Sicherheitsbügel nicht sicher festgehalten werden können, dürfen nicht mitfahren. [...]

15 hours ago, Squad said:

:D

I was afraid that it was a 'real' sign... Would be nice to know where he took this from. ;)

Can't believe that I'm doing this... Feels like being some kind of know-it-all teacher asshole guy now - but here we go: :eng101:

Kinder unter 7 Jahren und Personen kleiner als 130 cm oder

größer als 190 cm, und Personen, die zum Beispiel aufgrund

ihres Körperbaus oder durch eingeschränkten Gliedmaßen

durch die vorhandenen sicher Sicherheitsbügel nicht sicher

festgehalten werden können, dürfen nicht mitfahren.

my suggestion:

Kinder unter 7 Jahren und Personen kleiner als 140 cm oder

größer als 190 cm, sowie Personen, die zum Beispiel aufgrund

ihres Körperbaus oder durch eingeschränkte Gliedmaßen

durch die vorhandenen Sicherheitsbügel nicht sicher

festgehalten werden können, dürfen nicht mitfahren.

Bitte beachten Sie zu Ihrer Sicherheit die vom Hersteller und TÜV vergeschriebenen Alter-, Größen- und

Sicherheitsvorschriften. Bitte nutzen Sie das Metermaß am Eingang der Attraktion um die korrekte

Körpergröße zu prüfen.

suggestion:

Bitte beachten Sie zu Ihrer Sicherheit die vom Hersteller und TÜV vorgeschriebenen Alters-, Größen- und

Sicherheitsvorschriften. Bitte nutzen Sie das Metermaß am Eingang der Attraktion um die korrekte

Körpergröße zu prüfen.

Während der Fahrt wird der Fahrgast mit dem mehrfachen seines

Körpergewichtes und mit abhebenden Kräften belastet.

Personen mit Gesundheitsschäden dürfen nicht mitfahren. Dies gilt

insbesondere für Personen, die an Wirbelsäulen-, Bandscheibenschä-

den oder an Bluthochdruck leiden oder in ärztlicher Behandlung

stehen, sowie Herz- und Kreislaufkranken und Schwangere.

suggestion:

Während der Fahrt wird der Fahrgast mit dem Mehrfachen seines

Körpergewichtes und mit abhebenden Kräften belastet.

Personen mit Gesundheitsschäden dürfen nicht mitfahren. Dies gilt

insbesondere für Personen, die an Wirbelsäulen-, Bandscheiben-

schäden oder an Bluthochdruck leiden oder in ärztlicher Behandlung

stehen, sowie für Herz- und Kreislaufkranke und Schwangere.

Betrunkene und berauschte Personen sowie Personen unter Drogen- und Medikamenteneinfluss sind von der Fahrt auszuschließen.

suggestion:

Betrunkene und berauschte Personen sowie Personen unter Drogen- und Medikamenteneinfluss sind von der Fahrt ausgeschlossen.

Edited by Radix