will2k

de_Forlorn

Hey, this looks really really sweet! Can't wait to play it. Also, this is probably not what you want to hear, but I can't help but think of HLDM while looking at it(especially with some of the verticality going on), maybe you should consider porting it to Black Mesa DM too? :D The layout looks like it'd be good for a higher player count FFA or TDM!

5 hours ago, voodoochopstiks said:

Hey, this looks really really sweet! Can't wait to play it. Also, this is probably not what you want to hear, but I can't help but think of HLDM while looking at it(especially with some of the verticality going on), maybe you should consider porting it to Black Mesa DM too? :D The layout looks like it'd be good for a higher player count FFA or TDM!

Hey thanks :)

I actually thought about this around Christmas 2015 and was seriously considering switching the project to Black Mesa deathmatch but in the end I stuck with CSGO

here's a reply of mine to a fellow mapcorian on the map's WIP thread detailing this issue :)

I have started planning a new map for BM deathmatch from scratch but I'm keeping the idea of remaking de_forlorn into dm_forlorn on the plan B back-burner in case the new map development stalls :D

19 hours ago, will2k said:

here's a reply of mine to a fellow mapcorian on the map's WIP thread detailing this issue :)

Having it as a single player BM level like you wrote there sounds even more amazing actually, haha :)

I've been playing Brutal Dooms single player campaigns recently and I'm falling back in love with great big combat areas and corridors between them, being free to be tackled in any order and from many different entrances/angles, with a few keycards or doors to gate the players progression through the level here and there. Something like that but for BMSP would be very very cool :) I'm imagining some non-linear back-and-forth between the sections which are filled to the brim with enemies, with a grand finale at the ending after clearing out all the areas.

Edited by voodoochopstiks

5 hours ago, voodoochopstiks said:

Having it as a single player BM level like you wrote there sounds even more amazing actually, haha :)

I've been playing Brutal Dooms single player campaigns recently and I'm falling back in love with great big combat areas and corridors between them, being free to be tackled in any order and from many different entrances/angles, with a few keycards or doors to gate the players progression through the level here and there. Something like that but for BMSP would be very very cool :) I'm imagining some non-linear back-and-forth between the sections which are filled to the brim with enemies, with a grand finale at the ending after clearing out all the areas.

I'm really tempted now to go for SP :P despite knowing it will be very time-consuming compared to a DM map.

Maybe I'll start prototyping couple of areas and see how it flows.

24 minutes ago, will2k said:

I'm really tempted now to go for SP :P despite knowing it will be very time-consuming compared to a DM map.

Maybe I'll start prototyping couple of areas and see how it flows.

I never followed up on that * I left in the post... maybe you thought was a typo but I was thinking of sending a PM ;)