will2k

de_Forlorn

Ahahah I saw him :D (with some other easter eggs aha ^^).

Nice map too, man. 
If I have a little thing to say is that some walls looks a bit poor / flat (like the example in the picture below) but hey...it's a detail ;) 

hTPxbCu.jpg

7 minutes ago, El Moroes said:

Ahahah I saw him :D (with some other easter eggs aha ^^).

:lol: we shall not speak of him :D

I will keep updating the map in the near future with some changes planned for more outdoor areas and less corridors.

The wall you mentioned in mid might also be gone and merged with the garage area behind it.

Thanks for dropping by and really appreciate your constant support back in the WIP thread :)

Thanks everyone for the support, really overwhelming :)

@Squad and @Bevielis mentioned, It seems the automatic downvoting on the workshop is really getting out of hand.

I was away yesterday and didn't check the map but Tuesday late at night, it was at 4 stars, all positive ratings.

Now I'm checking, it's down to 2 stars.

I checked the ratings and until Wednesday mid-day, it was all positive ratings, then all of a sudden, a flow of 116 negative ratings flooded the map bringing it down to 2 stars and into oblivion.

If I delete the map and reupload it now, it would show as it missed the deadline of July 20, right?

Just now, will2k said:

@Squad@Bevielis

If I delete the map and reupload it now, it would show as it missed the deadline of July 20, right?

yes. No point anyway as it'll just happen again...It really sucks but we'll just have to have faith valve will spend time looking through the workshop for the best content and not discrediting based on 'stars'

8 hours ago, Vaya said:

yes. No point anyway as it'll just happen again...It really sucks but we'll just have to have faith valve will spend time looking through the workshop for the best content and not discrediting based on 'stars'

I posted in the official CSGO workshop group about this issue (mass automated downvotes) but I highly doubt that any of the Valve guys will take a look or do something

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CSGOMapsWorkshop

As @catfood and @Radix mentioned in an earlier post of theirs, the sad thing about this issue is not just the operation, but the exposure of the map for a wider group of people visiting the workshop. It's always nice to interact with different people who tried the map telling you what they liked and what they didn't, giving you feedback, suggestions, praise, criticism, etc

By quickly, massively, and automatically downvoting the map after less than 24 hrs (by bots I presume), it quickly slid into oblivion to the n-th page of the workshop not to be seen by folks visiting the front page or even the first couple of pages of the maps workshop. The number of visitors even stopped shy of 1k viewers (not increasing anymore since no new visitors know about the map).

As I said, I highly doubt Valve will do anything; the workshop has been a highly unmoderated mess since a long time (btw my map Cortona is still stolen for the past 7 months on the workshop and nothing has been done about it despite numerous flags, formal complaints, emails, private messages, etc) and nothing will change in the foreseeable future. Valve only seem to respond to either a major public outcry or a lawsuit.

1 hour ago, RivFader said:

Sad thing is, this wouldn't even be an issue if they'd split the workshop into more visibly distinct categories. Then all the scammers with their crappy skin-ad AIM maps can dominate their niche while people with actual talent get their own as welll.

Valve is working on it, lots of maps have been banned already (what I've heard), maps with sponsors will be banned and hopefully all bots too.

Congrats on the release! The map looks amazing. 

Small feedback; The A site feels a little "poor", not much room to play with. Consider adding a box or something here; http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/491275750283579839/9410D9BDB5DABC6B407DB7703A132FD7A5E822AF/

For example, Xbox on Bsite dust2 makes that bombsite so much better, both for CT and T, because you can play every angle on it, It's fun with something that you can run around, like quad on cache, or your own B site. 

Edited by Bodd Jonar