[CS:GO] SHIPPED

catfood

Map looks fantastic! (as always)

There are some minor issues like too intense reflectivity on some props and some 'overlay under thin object flickering'. But I'm sure you're aware of these things and will fix this.

It's a pity that this fantastic map got downvoted by those idiots.

Same happened to my Austria map. It already disappeared in the workshop nirvana with ridiculous 172 ratings and 6k downloads after one week in the workshop, which is pretty poor for a game with 10 mio. players.

The whole workshop is completely messed up for more than a year (or longer?). On the first page of 'top rated all time' there are 2(!) actual maps (pripyat and zoo), the rest is aim/training/dust2copy/etc bullshit.

The comments are >90% advertisement spam.

And now those 10 minute map spam + downvote bots.

Nothing happens. :shake:

4 hours ago, MrTwoVideoCards said:

I wouldn't worry about votes guys, valve doesn't really use them to filter. If a map is good they'll notice. Besides, they probably skip all the pages with aim maps anyways, so votes def don't matter in that regard.

It's not only about getting into the next operation.

There are also small guys like me who just want to get some feedback or just play the map they have made online. But this won't happen when good maps disappear behind that mass of spam.

7 hours ago, catfood said:

I know a few of you are releasing a map this week so I want to give you guys a headsup that i'm pretty sure someone is downvoting maps so he can get his maps on top of the workshop spotlight. I released shipped yesterday and had two downvotes until two hours ago then all of a sudden the map has 40 downvotes and now JeffCSBETS.NET has his 6 maps aim maps full with CSbetting advertisment and all with a 4 star rating and no comments on top of the workshop page. he released the maps today. I know I cant know for sure its his doing but this feels real shady.

Pls don't get me wrong I can handle downvotes Im also pretty sure i can sleep tonite but this is getting out of hand and I just wanted to spread the word.

Nope, your are defiantly not wrong. I made Ramis, also experienced the same thing, was at around 40 dislikes yesterday, now today (within 30 mins) im on 140. Yesterday and Today Bit of a difference today since now "Jeff" has been called out on it. Shame the workshops come to this point.

8 hours ago, Radix said:

Map looks fantastic! (as always)

There are some minor issues like too intense reflectivity on some props and some 'overlay under thin object flickering'. But I'm sure you're aware of these things and will fix this.

It's a pity that this fantastic map got downvoted by those idiots.

Same happened to my Austria map. It already disappeared in the workshop nirvana with ridiculous 172 ratings and 6k downloads after one week in the workshop, which is pretty poor for a game with 10 mio. players.

The whole workshop is completely messed up for more than a year (or longer?). On the first page of 'top rated all time' there are 2(!) actual maps (pripyat and zoo), the rest is aim/training/dust2copy/etc bullshit.

The comments are >90% advertisement spam.

And now those 10 minute map spam + downvote bots.

Nothing happens. :shake:

It's not only about getting into the next operation.

There are also small guys like me who just want to get some feedback or just play the map they have made online. But this won't happen when good maps disappear behind that mass of spam.

Sucks to hear this also happend to Austria

I know the comments or votes have very little to do with the chances of getting into a operation but all the attention a map gets and response from the community when releasing it on the workshop is(was) awesome. I love reading comments of players that tried the map and now want to share their experience with me and the rest of the community. I read them all :)
This is also the reason why I delete spam/ads people are posting on my workshop pages. This probably results in downvotes from those spammers but I dont really care about that I want a clean workshop page so players can express how they feel about the map.

I'm glad that at least this JeffCSGO betting dude and his buddy have been banned from the workshop community. one step closer to a clean workshop again :D

Edited by catfood

Beautiful map as always. I have not gone in game to play it(sadly it will be with bots) yet, but the first and only thing I could mention is that the map is one sided. What I mean in that is its a north vs south kind of push. Obviously that can be said the same for most maps, like Dust II but I just feel that this is a tad more stream lined. Clearly it could play totally different than what im envisioning via screen shots, so take this with a grain of salt. Overall very visually pleasing map CatFood, great job!

Played de_shipped for a while today - I really enjoyed it! Layout is simple but with plenty of options to boost on containers etc. Really nice.

But some polishing still to do. I've put some things I found together http://imgur.com/a/UrMJZ

You are probably already aware of these things, but maybe it helps you.

Edited by Radix

I'd consider removing the clip brushes surrounding the map and making it possible for players to fall to their death (like vertigo and agency). They feel a bit limiting, especially since they're moved a lot "inwards" in places, like here:

ElhM36e.jpg

Spot the ladder :P Without bots using it, I would probably never had noticed the ladder.

jDQ6kWK.jpg

Very shiny door, doesn't fit with the rather gritty look of the map.

TnKTnbM.jpg

Weird shadows on this panel. Not sure what's causing it, but maybe "Ignore surface normals" could fix this, since these models are $nocull iirc. Just pointing it out, it's a very minor thing :)

BnwrBWc.jpg

Overlapping materials.

R10dESo.jpg

Same.

X8iFbiT.jpg

Intentional spot?

IdYzRpv.jpg

Last but not least, I think the readability was a bit poor in some areas. It really depends on the location a bit. For example, CTs are harder to spot in the covered (lowest level) parts of the map, while the Pirate models are sometimes hard to read in front of some of the upper deck areas (mainly containers and the like).

zIofBrV.jpg

Improving readability on the map by changing lighting and textures is a lot of work, but maybe changing the player skins could go a long way. I think Phoenix and ST6 are the best alternatives for what you have now. Anyway, I'm not sure if that is just me, maybe other people have less trouble with it.

HHcJV1F.jpg

Overall, you really nailed the theme, the visuals are stunning and you got a solid map right there :) Good job!

love the the kind words guys thanks :)

And thanks for the extensive feedback will make sure those issues will be fixed in the next build and @Squad that spot is intentional :)
About the clip brushes on the sides of the ship I'm not sure what to do with them. Im afraid players will troll by constantly jumping of the ship but maybe ill need to have more confidence in csgo players :?