Sign in to follow this  
The Horse Strangler

[CSGO] de_import (bomb/defuse) (final for reals this time)

Hey these are my thoughts on the tactical/balance side of the map

A site seems too easy easy to hold; T:s have thousands of little corners and spots to check, whilst incapable to smoke off any of them and CT:s only needing to turn their heads and take one step to hold another entrance added to the fact that T:s have no cover when entering the site. You could easily fix this by making the site have windows/skylights to throw nades into, now there is no reason to take A site as T without CT spawn control.

Middle (The small door room) is incredible bad to attack and defend: You need one sniper to hold long A whilst still having someone to look at the door room, which is incredible hard to pull off because if the player dies in middle, player holding long A is doomed: they can't look at long A anymore or they get flanked, and watching middle is impossible with sniper as it is clearly close ranged. Add that to the fact that there is no cover for CT:s holding aggressively, forces the CT:s to play close to the trains, making it useless to fight for the control of long A in end of the round as T:s have simply too many spots to be at, making it too risky to peek there. I would recommend adding some cover for CT players in long A.

B site is the most balanced site I have ever seen! Every tactic and every nade has it's counters and weaknesses. Nice job! Although I think you should connect Long and short B somehow, now it takes too long to rotate from one path to another. Also the railings in rafters should not have collisions with bullets and nades, it's hard to throw nades to rafters and the bullet blocking can be annoying.

Overall: The map does not have rush site, making eco rounds very easy to lose as terrorists, whom have to take long, very nade based routes to sites where CT:s can control every area with their sniper rifles and Molotov cocktails.

Also, change door prop to more worn out model, it looks way too good for it's surroundings. Move Spawns equally outwards, T spawn gives no actual reason for players to take the longer route to A, it looks so useless that I am sure many will totally ignore it, as it does not move you inwards in the battle.

PS: What train model you used on this map? I would like to use it too!

Edited by Tynnyrimpi
forgot to add B site railing thingy...

There's something off about the post process or lighting you use that makes my eyes want to implode. Too bright? Too much HDR? Too much fog? Combination of all maybe. I can't put my finger on it.

Couple of things I also noticed:

1. Those metal grate textures in front of the many ladders disappear at distance, which lead players to believe they can be used.

2.  Many gaps between models across the whole map, which will be abused by snipers

3. Some weird clipping at back of B site.

4. Bombsite A rotating piece should have a lot more sides to it. Optimize somewhere else in that room!

5. Make it retard proof that those Black Doors are locked.

Edited by tr0nic

If you have brightness at max, the map feels foggy...

On 14.7.2016 at 11:53 PM, tr0nic said:

There's something off about the post process or lighting you use that makes my eyes want to implode. Too bright? Too much HDR? Too much fog? Combination of all maybe. I can't put my finger on it.

1. Those metal grate textures in front of the many ladders disappear at distance, which lead players to believe they can be used.

2.  Many gaps between models across the whole map, which will be abused by snipers

4. Bombsite A rotating piece should have a lot more sides to it. Optimize somewhere else in that room!

5: The black doors contrast to the map  is too big, every player is drawn towards them like a fly to a lantern. In other words, they're too clean.

Edited by Tynnyrimpi

Had a run around last night. Great improvements from the last.

Things I thought were strange:

1. The spec on the asphalt.
  2. The mountains. The image mountain is of better clarity than the world machine type model.
  3. The brightness outside :| overpowering
  4. I would also like to reiterate on the ladder issue.

On 7/15/2016 at 2:40 PM, cashed said:

Had a run around last night. Great improvements from the last.

Things I thought were strange:

1. The spec on the asphalt.
  2. The mountains. The image mountain is of better clarity than the world machine type model.
  3. The brightness outside :| overpowering
  4. I would also like to reiterate on the ladder issue.

Thanks for giving it a look Ted! 

On 7/14/2016 at 4:53 PM, tr0nic said:

1. Thanks, that was a big issue in Black Gold so ill look into it.

2. Im going through that with a fine comb, thanks though.

3. Noted

4. Horse will try!

5. Like Walmart?