Radix

[CS:GO] de_austria (WIP)

Yeah I know it must be hard to close of such a big part of a finished map. But i think it wouldn solve a lot of the timing issues you have and make the map play faster. The T-Spawn is a lot like Nukes T-spawn atm, without having the CTs run the same distance.

Looks really good. Love the location choice, it's distinctive. Will like to play it out and give you feedback :)

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

Why a beauty like this was being down voted??

to get it off the main page so the maps sponsored by a gambling site can take the spot. This is what the workshop has become.

13 minutes ago, Vaya said:

to get it off the main page so the maps sponsored by a gambling site can take the spot. This is what the workshop has become.

This is what CSGO has become..
Hopefully Valve will actually close down these gambling sites because they are the cancer of the community.

http://csgoreferralspam.com -code:KILLME (Remove space before and after csgoreferralspam)

3 hours ago, blackdog said:

Why a beauty like this was being down voted??

What a joke honestly, that most popular page is plagued constantly by these no effort, spam riddled, and bot boosted maps. 

You and every other serious content creator shouldn't have to share the front page of the CS:GO workshop with maps that are created in minutes time and are literally uploaded by someone with the name "Advertising". 

FE1aO34.jpg

That moment when you realize that your work of the last four months was a complete waste of time...

Well, I was working on a new map for a while (which turned out to be a huge fail, but this is a different story) but when de_austria came back to competitive matchmaking, I decided to revise a couple of things in de_austria. So I started to rework a bunch of the worst assets, so that everything looks a little better and, more importantly, that the map runs faster (especially on older systems). Because I didn't manage to make the autocombine feature do it's job, I decided to do it manually (also called "annoyingcombine" or "extremely time consuming combine") and grouped a huge amount of the props to reduce draw calls, which made the map run a little faster overall. Also moved 90% of the map to create more space in the center (...), made a new bot nav mesh, new radar image, some minor gameplay tweaks, added support for Wingman game mode and many other small things...

Last night I wanted to start the very last final compile before updating my workshop submission. That was exactly the moment when I noticed that there was a new CS:GO update which removed my map from the game. I've been a little bit late, I guess (as always in my life).

Anyways. It was still a pretty cool thing to be part of a popular video game for 20 months. Especially for a complete mapping noob, who has absolutely no idea what he is doing and can't even play the game.

wXDAtJz.jpg

Edited by Radix

3 hours ago, Radix said:

That moment when you realize that your work of the last four months was a complete waste of time... 

Well, I was working on a new map for a while (which turned out to be a huge fail, but this is a different story) but when de_austria came back to competitive matchmaking, I decided to revise a couple of things. So I started to reworked a bunch of the worst assets, so that everything looks a little better and, more importantly, runs faster. Because I didn't manage to make the autocombine feature do it's job, I decided to do it manually (also called "annoyingcombine" or "extremely time consuming combine") and grouped a huge amount of the props to reduce draw calls, which made the map run a little faster overall. Also moved 90% of the map to create more space in the center (...), made a new bot nav mesh, new radar image, some minor gameplay tweaks and many other small things...

Last night I wanted to start the very last final compile before updating my workshop submission. That was exactly the moment when I noticed that there was a new CS:GO update which removed my map from the game. I've been always a little bit late, I guess.

Anyways. It was still a pretty cool thing to be part of a popular video game for 20 months. Especially for a complete mapping noob, who has absolutely no idea what he is doing and can't even play the game. 

That’s sucks to hear. I really enjoyed Austria and still think that the mid building is a amazing way of not having a classic mid.

So do you plan on working on a new map any time soon?