Radix

[CS:GO] de_austria (WIP)

18 hours ago, Squad said:

I ran around in your map and it's simply incredible. The screenshots don't do it justice at all.

You really nailed the theme, made  me feel like I was on an Austria holidays again :)

Thanks a lot!

18 hours ago, Squad said:

Only one critic: it lacks hurg.

Well, I thought this was just a thing of awesome mapcore veterans, so i decided to be modest here.

But he's there. ;)

Spoiler

OQgzKj6.jpg

I think the CTs are way too fast in middle and b-route. They can basically close of half of the map before Ts are arriving. Other than that. I Like the layout :)

You could add a few little details to breathe more life into the map. Like making the mill wheel near a spin, make the smoke from the chimneys move (wind and stuff). Keep on working, the map is really impressive :)

16 hours ago, SirK said:

I think the CTs are way too fast in middle and b-route. They can basically close of half of the map before Ts are arriving.

I've moved T-spawn to compensate this (not published yet).

16 hours ago, SirK said:

You could add a few little details to breathe more life into the map. Like making the mill wheel near a spin, make the smoke from the chimneys move (wind and stuff).

Rotating millwheel is one of my tasks for today. :)

Thanks to everyone for giving feedback.

Since the map got downrated so badly by those CS betting advertisement spam bots I will probably get no feedback from the workshop page anymore.

Currently >40% negative ratings, 3/5 stars. :dance:

Originally wanted this to be my very last map, because creating something like this has become way to time consuming (for me), but quitting like this would look like a rage quit, so I will have to move on... :rolleyes:

Edited by Radix

1 minute ago, Radix said:

I've moved T-spawn to compensate this (not published yet).

Rotating millwheel is one of my tasks for today. :)

Thanks to everyone for giving feedback.

Since the map got downrated so badly by those CS betting advertisement spam bots I will probably get no feedback from the workshop page anymore.

Currently >40% negative ratings, 3/5 stars. :dance:

Originally wanted this to be my very last map, because creating something like this has become way to time consuming (for me), but quitting like this would look like a rage quit, so I will have to move on... :rolleyes:

you still have time to do a new workshop entry for it.

re-published it...

The map didn't get any new downloads since that last downvote, so there was no chance to revive it. And I didn't want to waste >3k hours of work and let it die like this, so here we go:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727462766

Feel free to support this, if you like it. But take into account that you won't get 'free skins' from me ;)

edit: Timings are not fixed yet. Probably tomorrow together with a couple of small fixes

Edited by Radix

32 minutes ago, Radix said:

Feel free to support this, if you like it. But take into account that you won't get 'free skins' from me ;)

Subscribed, rated and faved. Where are my skins?!

Great work! Hope you succeed!

to a degree the workshop rating and sub count has little bearing on whether it gets selected for an operation. 

3 hours ago, SirK said:

Yeah thought so too. You could push it back into the river right beside the bridge - but that would make the timings even more CT-sided

Currently I give this a try: (extended B site to the front of the house)

dDfoInH.jpg

What do you think?

Edit: Forget this. Makes it even worse.

Edited by Radix

22 hours ago, SirK said:

I thought about something like that

Spoiler

austria.png

and you could move the ct-spawn a little bit back too

Could work well, but it would change the way it's played completely. Don't know if this is really necessary. I'll have to think about this.

p.s. downrating bullshit is back. yay.

I didnt repost de_lite. I didnt get in the new section but i havent gotten any negative ratings.