[HP]

Death Stranding - Hideo Kojima's next game

HTq7rJa.jpg

That's a long ass trailer, but yeah - the game looks amazing.

Edited by Radu

Inspiring stuff!!

I don't think this game will be my cup of tea but I'll give it a shot, can't deny it's unique which is refreshing

1 minute ago, MikeGon said:

Inspiring stuff!!

I don't think this game will be my cup of tea but I'll give it a shot, can't deny it's unique which is refreshing

I think it's pretty obvious right now this will be a hate it or love it kind of game. It's literally a glorified hiking simulator, you're gonna be walking and walking and that will be the bulk of the game, if that doesn't sound good to you even with the gorgeous environments then yeah, this is definitely not your cup of tea then.

Somehow Gamasutra parsed a bit of the documentary as "they're gonna start making movies in the future" which would definitely make sense, I mean Kojima's games are almost movies in a way, they have the passion and talent for it too:

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/353329/Hideo_Kojima_and_Kojima_Productions_to_start_making_movies.php

I didn’t realise there was some sort of asynchronous multiplayer/coop aspect. Saw a title just couple days ago about how “you are missing out if playing offline” but didn’t read further.

My colleague told me you build structures other players will find/use/improve.

Damn I wrote very similar stuff in the dev doc/notes for my ideal zombie game.

53 minutes ago, blackdog said:

I didn’t realise there was some sort of asynchronous multiplayer/coop aspect. Saw a title just couple days ago about how “you are missing out if playing offline” but didn’t read further.

My colleague told me you build structures other players will find/use/improve.

Damn I wrote very similar stuff in the dev doc/notes for my ideal zombie game.

You can also donate weapons and equipment to strangers playing the game. Leave them hints, leave them ladders and ropes, etc. 

Yeah, I had a very similar idea of soft coop, it started with the idea of leaving a message, but also that you could drop stuff and others would find it… potentially play together if you were in the same area at the same time, and then if one disconnects would be like one decides to bunk for the night.

No idea how you just encourage coop instead of PvP other than prevent to attack each other tho 🤷🏻‍♂️