Sign in to follow this  
[HP]

Death Stranding - Hideo Kojima's next game

It's probably gonna be another trailer. I also feel we might get a release date. Hoping for xmas release, one can dream. How about you?

No, I meant how do you think the game will play like? While there isn't much to use aside from that gameplay trailer with various brief segments, it seems to be an open world with various survival elements and environmental hazards that you have to avoid.

It's deffo open world, with stealth elements and A to B traversal since it seems you're basically some sort of mail man. 

New trailer gives some more answers and as always, puts forward some nee questions. More gameplay bits too including combat, cannot fucking wait, looks so sharp and clean.

Mads looks absolutely badass, and the new characters revealed look dope 

IMG_20190529_094741.jpg

12 minutes ago, [HP] said:

The new website also answers some lingering questions.

IMG_20190529_170146.jpg

Anybody else getting a "cost-cutty" vibe from this gameplay design? It's like, big open field.. terragen data with some models thrown in, abstract gameplay etc. Will be interesting to see if that bears out in the gameplay being very minimalist

I guess this runs the risk of being a typical Kojima movie-game with the gameplay taking even more of a backseat than we're used to. I'm hoping it's not a bore. For me the most interesting part of MGSV was the sandboxy gameplay, the Kojima move-game parts wore pretty thin pretty fast

Possibly, yeah. Every single Kojima game so far left me amazed about certain things and disappointed with others. (Maybe MGS3 hit the perfect balance) but yeah, usually it can be hit and miss, but one of the thing I was never disappointed with his games was gameplay, it's usually always on point, responsive and smooth.

"We need a way to reach high points in the world, let's brainstorm!"

"....a fucking huge ladder?"

"Great! Let's break for lunch"

It looks decent. Setting is interesting and it's got some great talent attached. Looking forward to seeing more gameplay :)

Edited by PaulH

If its anything like MGSV it's a big ol' nope from me. That was some really cheesy storytelling, and the gameplay was.. I dunno, just couldn't get into it.

For some reason, the bit where he's awkwardly running through the field at 3m in that trailer made me laugh out loud.. Not sure that was their intended emotion. Dunno why it made me laugh. I think its when that cheesy music kicks in hahaha, and the baby flailing about everywhere 😂 Poor thing's gonna have a constant concussion.

Graphics look very realistic though. Nice moss.

Edited by PogoP