Sign in to follow this  
[HP]

Death Stranding - Hideo Kojima's next game

I am ready to go to this world. It's easy to dismiss this game as pretentious but I think it's really important we have studios as big as Kojipro dedicating resources to such a strange, cool and different project.

This game has been weirdly inspiring and refreshing to me. No mechanics/system fetishisizing or exhausting feature breakdowns, just a quiet and mysterious trailer about a man walking around a strange and beautiful world. I think we could use more of this type of thing, especially in the AAA space.

Weirdly I get Ico vibes from the game? With more of a horror twist maybe? I think eventually we will see a combat system, just based on the earlier material they showed of the game. But even if it's just a quiet game about delivering packages... I think I'm also excited for that too. 

Edited by nikkoship

2 hours ago, nikkoship said:

I am ready to go to this world. It's easy to dismiss this game as pretentious but I think it's really important we have studios as big as Kojipro dedicating resources to such a strange, cool and different project.

This game has been weirdly inspiring and refreshing to me. No mechanics/system fetishisizing or exhausting feature breakdowns, just a quiet and mysterious trailer about a man walking around a strange and beautiful world. I think we could use more of this type of thing, especially in the AAA space.

I'm not sure how "different" it is, it suggest it's pretty much repeating what the've done in MGS.
Plus adding stuff that is in vogue in the last couple years, I wonder if what is mentioned about "you will be reborn but the area will be a crater" (which recalls to the first video ever of the game) means the game is a roguelike or the game will fail as traditional.

I do totally agree that without the feature breakdown it creates much more mystery and interest in what the game will be. Presentation is on another level here, this is something that definitely feels mature, when you compare to a video from the latests Assassin's Creed where you are forced to facepalm at the over-invasive GUI.
I was reflecting that this time round they haven't shown Mads at all, so his character is still unclear in his participation.

I do imagine there will be combat, he pulls up a rifle when on the cliff.
Also these spirits/aliens are totally different from the soldiers shown controlled by Mads' character (although it seems they have a sort umbilical cord, just like the soldiers were connected to Mads).

Edited by blackdog