Sign in to follow this  
[HP]

Death Stranding - Hideo Kojima's next game

I'm intrigued, has a weird MGS feel too it. Not sure if the marketing-strategy is to their long-time benifit though. Their building up hype to a game that probably won't finish aaaanytime soon.  

9 hours ago, Pampers said:

afaik they are using a modified version of the Infamous Second Son engine

Those rumors apear to be false, we'll know for sure tomorrow.

He [Kojima] also confirmed that the engine that powers Death Stranding is not the one used by Sucker Punch for Infamous Second Son and First Light.

Hideo Kojima has promised to unveil more details on the engine behind Death Stranding at a special panel at PlayStation Experience on December 3. So stay tuned.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/25206-decima-engine-powers-death-stranding-modified-sucker-punchs-infamous-second.html

Shame it'l be ps4 only then, not dropping that much money to play one game and then probably have to pay an additional fee to access the co-op elements thanks to psn.

So, I shouldn't have watched this high as fuck. But watching it again sober, it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Well ps4 is a pretty sweet deal, there are many games to find interest, especially if you didn't have the PS3, with the remakes in higher def… I still look for deals sometimes to finally get to play all the Uncharted and Last Of Us.

Bought a PS3 to play MGS4 so might as well buy a PS4 to play this. :D

But since the game hasn't been in development for that long: I get the feeling that as fast as they have a somewhat done cinematic they run out to post a trailer with it. Without a little hint of gameplay it's indeed too early to build a hypetrain but it's working for now I guess. Gameplay could be a Tetris clone for all I know. :P 

For those who followed the release / trailers of every single MGS since 2, you'll know that the anouncement and the anual trailers is part of this crazy train ride Kojima takes you, following the trailers is a huge part of the enjoyment of all Kojima games cos he knows how to fuck with your head and your expectations. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but he never really shows any gameplay on his trailers, but fuck am I curious to know how this thing will play like.

This looks so twisted and unique. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsetlemming said:

I don't even have a TV, or a couch, so a PS4 would be a herculean investment. They pretty explicitly said they'd be multiplatform when Kojima Productions first went independent, hate to find out Sony forced them out of that. 

Everything about this game is being paid for by Sony, a PC port is nearly an impossibility.

Also, both PS3's and PS4's work on PC monitors.