[HP]

Death Stranding - Hideo Kojima's next game

I watched the first 2 hours or so at Helder's and was blown away by the graphics. Couldn't tell if stuff was ingame or pre-rendered. No visual artifacts at all (stuff like SSR ghosting, SSAO flickering etc). I wanted to pick this up on Saturday but it was obviously sold out :D  

This motherfucking game you guys... There's nothing like the feeling of going in with some high expectations, and actually have them not only met, but actually surpassing it.

Glad you're enjoying it HP! I'm very tempted to try it but I'm turned off by some reviews saying it feels very fetch questy... Might wait for it to drop in price a bit and get hold of it.

Also, have you encountered this? A friend of mine said that due to the coop stuff in the game, half of the shit you're meant to build has already been built on his playthrough. He said he's really disappointed because he was looking forward to doing that, but that the world feels really populated with roads and outposts or whatever. He was taking out ladders, getting ready to explore this huge barren landscape, and he didn't have to place many at all because there were shitloads already in the world.

4 hours ago, PogoP said:

Glad you're enjoying it HP! I'm very tempted to try it but I'm turned off by some reviews saying it feels very fetch questy... Might wait for it to drop in price a bit and get hold of it.

Also, have you encountered this? A friend of mine said that due to the coop stuff in the game, half of the shit you're meant to build has already been built on his playthrough. He said he's really disappointed because he was looking forward to doing that, but that the world feels really populated with roads and outposts or whatever. He was taking out ladders, getting ready to explore this huge barren landscape, and he didn't have to place many at all because there were shitloads already in the world.

Well, It's the most "fetch questy" game ever made, the whole game is about fetching shit, you're literally a mailman. So, It's like complaining that all you do in Quake is killing people.

The thing that works in this game's favour tho is what happens between A to B, from enemies that steal your cargo, to environmental stuff that wears your cargo down, treachery terrain, to the more weird stuff like the ghosts you need to sneak around or find a way to fight them, because if one of those fuckers spots you, it scatters your cargo and you need to fight a boss. 

As for the stuff already being pre-built around the environment, it's also part of the core of the game, whatever you build also helps others. But, I guess your friend can always play the game offline and he obviously won't see any structures built by others, it'll make the game more grindy though of course.

Alright, just finished the game a couple of days ago. The last 2 or so chapters are absolutely amazing, it all comes together really nicely! Great story, even if confusing at times with some really interesting delivering and there's no way you can't respect the moral of the story behind the game.

I finished it clocking in 77 hours, although sometimes I would leave the game running playing music in your safe house while I cooked dinner or something, so it's not really an accurate measure, but I still think the game is a tad too long, although I might be the one to blame there since It's too easy to just keep accepting standard orders, (side quests) and then you have a gigantic list of shit to do, that becomes unmanageable real fast. You know, it's funny, I think I must have learned more about self-management with this game than I expected. The lesson is, don't bite more than you can chew, and finish what you started before keeping accepting more stuff, as tempting as it is. Do like, 2 things at once tops, a main quest item, then a standard quest IF it's on the way, you can always come back and so some more later. I wish I knew that going in, but if I did that the lesson wouldn't have hit me as hard...

I still recommend this game to anyone, it's definitely a breath of fresh air in a sea of recycled ideas.

btw: