Sign in to follow this  
Sprony

God of War

Played about two hours so far and it’s just amazing. How can it look so good on this old machine? It doesn’t feel like God of War, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. If it continues to deliver I’m certain it will be GOTY. Easily.

I'm about 2 hours in as well, it's a very beautiful game. In a such a multiplayer driven world, I love that we are still getting these highly polished singleplayer epics. SP is what I grew up on and is easily my favorite type of experience.

I don't really have any experience with past GoW games, so this is brand new to me. It kinda feels like Devil May Cry with alot more weight and chunkiness to it (in a good way). The combat and overall game design just feels really clean. It really feels like they pushed for everything to have multiple purposes/uses, and no system really feels wasteful. And I love that they don't just give you a bunch of tools and let you decide what is the most enjoyable. There are clear tradeoffs and incentives for everything, and combat really starts to feel like a really fast-paced puzzle game - which is something I love in these types of games.

I even got stuck on that first boss for like an hour, but it wasn't exhausting or overwhelming - it felt really playable. It was easy to get into the zone and focus on learning move-sets and which combos I should be using. Everything just clicked, such a great feeling.

Edited by nikkoship

Probably played about 20hrs and getting just more and more obsessed with this game.

Playing on Give Me A Challenge which really does what it says. Combat is so satisfying, but can't say I'm relax after a session which results in an increased heart rate. :XD:

Yeah, I'm about 20 hours in myself, probably a little below that, and game keeps getting better and better! What an achievement, Red Dead 2 has some fierce competition for GOTY with this game.

12 hours ago, [HP] said:

Yeah, I'm about 20 hours in myself, probably a little below that, and game keeps getting better and better! What an achievement, Read Dead 2 has some fierce competition for GOTY with this game.

Yeah, I'll be roaming around Midgard with boy for the time being. Other titles have to wait for now while more beasts need to be chopped.

The scenery in this game is so impressive, and not only in a technical sense. They hit you with these epic scenes/landscapes that just blow you away. The world they built gives me a childlike wonder/curiosity that I don't often get in games. And then it just keeps topping itself, over and over.

I think maybe the last game that did this for me was Uncharted 4, but even still I think this is just on another level because of how wild they can be with their high fantasy concepts.

There are moments where I just have to pause and take it all in, it's kinda overwhelming. (pls give me photomode soon :D)

Edited by nikkoship

It often happens while playing this game, where I'm so overwhelmed by the beauty of this game's environments, I pause and take it all in for a couple minutes then I call it a night. Nothing like finishing a day with a sense of wonder and awe!

On 5/14/2018 at 8:28 PM, [HP] said:

This one, so far was my favourit boss of the game, so fucking epic! Minor spoilers bellow

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Yeah, it ended with a really cool finisher. Loved how the dragon was left lying on the ground right in front of you with its jaw open. 

Just got back from Thamur. Sick environment.

Beat this a couple days ago. Boy oh boy does this game do a lot right, really happy games like this are being made, it's polished to a really good state. Not much to say about it that haven't been said by reviewers or all the buzz around this. Other than I absolutely agree with all the praise it's been getting.

There's a couple things that I wish they worked a little bit further, for instance, the enemy variety is not nearly is diverse as even the first god of war, you fight most enemies more or less the same way. 
There's also the bosses, they are a joy to fight and they'll definitely leave you amazed, loads of love and care went into making them some of the best set pieces in any game, ever, but I would love if they could be a bit more "gamey" like the bosses in the previous entries, where you actually need to plan your approach and find their weak points not just swing your axe until they're dead.

Amazing game overall, recommended!

Also finished it just a couple days ago and I'd say it's one of the best games I've played in recent years. Story, art, level design and gameplay are definitely top notch. I do agree with what [HP] said about enemy variety, could have been a tad more.

Got an impression that there's plenty more of this world to explore, so bring on the sequel with everything fine tuned to 2.0. Sony, I'll be waiting.