Sprony

Quake Champions

239 posts in this topic

I want a commander keen character so I can pogo jump through the levels :D

Evert and [HP] like this

Enjoying the game, besides the incredibly annoying random lag spikes.
After the recent patch I get stuck in the loading screen foreeeeever, and the only solution Ive found seems to be to reinstall the game.

GG :(

[HP] likes this

On 6/12/2017 at 10:19 PM, [HP] said:

Anyone else find this weird? lol

DCIa9tBXoAAom_T.jpg:large

Blazko's "characteristics": No jump, no up/down looking.

[HP] and Radu like this

So in the last weeks/months my feelings changed from "soo-hyped" to "i dont know what to say" to "what the hell is this"... Its really sad!

The new maps just look terrible, still massive problems on tech, netcode... Its really a shame for the Quake franchise imho.

Has anyone infos who is making those maps? I dont want to see this game to fail caused by incompetence, i really love quake/doom/id... But this is a nogo!

:(

18 hours ago, AndyW said:

So in the last weeks/months my feelings changed from "soo-hyped" to "i dont know what to say" to "what the hell is this"... Its really sad!

The new maps just look terrible, still massive problems on tech, netcode... Its really a shame for the Quake franchise imho.

Has anyone infos who is making those maps? I dont want to see this game to fail caused by incompetence, i really love quake/doom/id... But this is a nogo!

:(

What's wrong with the maps? Honest question, cos I barely touched the game to formulate an opinion. 

As for netcode, could it be that since it's beta, Bethesda didn't invest on proper servers for this yet?

AndyW likes this

Please dont get me wrong, i dont want to troll or something like that... The QC version of BloodRun just looks "not that good", thats just cosmetic(iirc ZTN´s bloodrun was the very very first nice custom q3-map followed by LUNARAN´s Coriolis Storm) But playing BloodRun in Duel feels so slow! The problem with the maps is just like, they have to make them work with all the different playstyles/champs.

I like the small layout-changes in QC´s BloodRun and i think they add fun/depth to the different playstyles.

I updated my PC and cant play a single match since the last update, i always get disconnect midgame... This Game should just not be open "BETA" for everyone... To me its a buggy ALPHA!

To me its like ID has lost the "quake-style"- if you know what i mean... :(

Its a shooter with id-chars, but its not as fun as q3a or even q2.

Sorry if i pissed on someones shoes, but it had to be said (in my poor english)!

:/

Maybe i was a dreamer wishing back the fun good q3-times and crashed into reality.. :( Now im BITTERMAN! :D

[HP] likes this

I really don't like the visuals of this map.

All that metal, the door frames, catwalks and lamps mixed with rock has Q2 written all over it. I agree that there's something about it that doesn't sit quite right. Might be the thick haze and green light sources, I don't know.

Sprony likes this

I think the "problem" with Lockbox's visuals is that they're a little oldschool. There's an unusual amount of blank space for a 2017 game. Personally I like that for readability purposes, it sets it apart from things like the new UT where every inch of every wall has some sort of intricate pipe detail or ten layers of trim. I agree with Grapen that the lighting could do with some attention though.

will2k likes this

It looks great I can actually fucking see the bad guys in that map. There isn't some bullshit 2017 super busy nextgen 4k bullshit omg look at the detail polygons in my face.

Puddy, SotaPoika, text_fish and 3 others like this

On 6/25/2017 at 6:32 PM, dux said:

It looks great I can actually fucking see the bad guys in that map. There isn't some bullshit 2017 super busy nextgen 4k bullshit omg look at the detail polygons in my face.

It doesn't have to be super busy. It's just the style I dislike. Would have preferred it more like this then:

lun3dm3lg.jpg

Increasingly, my problem with this game is that I look at the maps and just want to fight shamblers, fiends and ogres in them. :cry: