Dawn of War

von*ferret

I just picked up Dawn of War and I absolutely love the game so far. I'm on like the 5th Space Marine mission enjoying it fuly. I love how you can change the camera movement in the battlefield. Anyone else play it? I'm just wondering if in skirmishes each army is actualy unique or are the carbon copies with different models.

Yeah, its awesome. I've been stuck on a mission for quite a while now however, it's mission 10 I think. I can barely hold my own base-defences, and once I try moving out of the base and secure some artifacts, I get absolutely raped from all directions.

Still, it's good to see a game where the tactic of "mass-produce generic tank -> destroy enemy base" isnt't very valid. I love moving my 8-man squads around with all sorts of support-weapons and so on.

a ton of squads of space marines can be very deadly if you have the support weapons just right and you move them cooridnated. I can't wait to actualy get tanks though, I have to find "artifacts" but none are in the levels that require them so far. I think its cause of the hardness setting. Oh well I'm still playing it!

a ton of squads of space marines can be very deadly if you have the support weapons just right and you move them cooridnated. I can't wait to actualy get tanks though, I have to find "artifacts" but none are in the levels that require them so far. I think its cause of the hardness setting. Oh well I'm still playing it!

First you get tanks, then you get some fucking awesome mobile fortress-thingy that absolutely devastates anything. Two-three of those coupled with some Terminator squads is all you need to lay waste to the entire map. It's sweet as hell.

Dawn of War multiplayer is probably a better game than the single player. THe single player is still great IMHO, but of course I am biased.

Multiplayer, especially team based like 4 v 4 on a LAN is friggin out of this world, assuming multiplay RTS games is your bag. Even if not, it's probably the best aspect of DoW.

Relic is putting out an expansion pack to DoW called "Winter Assault". I think it's going to release this fall but not sure of the exact date yet.

If you want to look at that intro movie, you can watch it on Blur's site (Blur is the studio that did it). http://www.blur.com Click on animations then game cinematics and then on the space marine image on the left of the collage (he's the dood with the 2 iron bolts in his forehead and he's yelling or something). You'll see a little Q in the lower right. click on that to watch a quicktime of it. This cinematic represents the flavor of the game pretty well.

omfg drool. I had this base all set up, was about to make terminators, My whole assault force was like beating the shit out of their base. and then from no where a HUGE ASS ELDAR ASSAULT FORCE swept up my whole entire base. A good thing I Had a 2ndary JUST started. luckily I completed the objective cause the eldar were well on their way of taking up the rest of the map. I'm so addicted I skipped psychology today to play this darned game.

omfg drool. I had this base all set up, was about to make terminators, My whole assault force was like beating the shit out of their base. and then from no where a HUGE ASS ELDAR ASSAULT FORCE swept up my whole entire base. A good thing I Had a 2ndary JUST started. luckily I completed the objective cause the eldar were well on their way of taking up the rest of the map. I'm so addicted I skipped psychology today to play this darned game.

Freud's a load of shit anyhow.