jUST_RUSH

de_shiro

Like Shibou said, your brush work is great for such an early layout! Scale looks good from the screenshots. The raised porches are a cool visual element, but be sure to clip them off so that guns or the bomb can't get lost under them. 

I agree that you should put it on the workshop so we can run around it!

Are all the curved roofs done with vertex manipulation? I think I really need to experiment with that tool more.

Edited by wylde

4 hours ago, Shibou said:

Architecture looks great! That will be a very interesting project! Please give us a complete layout and a workshop version to check it out!  ;)

Thanks!  I'll get on it when I get home later for sure.

3 hours ago, wylde said:

Like Shibou said, your brush work is great for such an early layout! Scale looks good from the screenshots. The raised porches are a cool visual element, but be sure to clip them off so that guns or the bomb can't get lost under them. 

I agree that you should put it on the workshop so we can run around it!

Are all the curved roofs done with vertex manipulation? I think I really need to experiment with that tool more.

Thank you!  And yup, they're clipped off already.  The roofs are just brushes jutting out on each side side and vertex manipulated, with a smaller, less step brush as it goes down to the side (I hope that's understandable).  And the hipped-and-gabled (irimoya) roofs have four sides instead of two, vertex aligned from the top down view.

Like so

20160523204918_1.png:

Now to get on it with Blender so I don't have a billion tiny func_details cluttering up my screen lol.

Edited by jUST_RUSH

4 hours ago, wylde said:

I should also add, the pagoda's roofs at B are all displacements. I did the same vertex manipulation, then "raised to"'d the joining edges to give it a more authentic curve.  I wish I could do all the roofs like that; it resembles the curves a lot more imo.

Just a couple more screens in my native 1440p resolution with all settings cranked (I play 1280x960 stretched on a Swift @ 120Hz ULMB with most settings maxed or high).  I'm leaning toward not going with this idea, but it sure is pretty nice if I do say so myself.  It's a tad cluttered, as you can see in most of the pics, especially the fourth one.  Might tweak and keep it and unclutter the site by resizing or taking out completely the gigantic torii.  But I'll probably going to just clip the bottom of the pond so it's flat, and so the bomb won't get lost or at least will be able to be spotted by its light (at a certain depth, the light doesn't shine through).  I'd also tweak the displacements to satisfy gameplay imbalances and to make the clipped floor a little more seamless.

Here ya go:

20160524192004_1.jpg

20160524191948_1.jpg

20160524191923_1.jpg

20160524191918_1.jpg

20160524191849_1.jpg

20160524191835_1.jpg

20160524191726_1.jpg

20160524191703_1.jpg

20160524191632_1.jpg

So it's been about 4 months since I posted anything, and the map has seen about 60 iterations big enough for me to call it something new, so here's a layout.  It's not finished enough even to put it on the workshop yet, but soon enough.  I only now am solidifying the layout, but everything is super tentative.  Mostly big ideas boxed out everywhere.  Most non-stock props and textures are also stolen til I get the motivation to make some of my own (not too much Japanese content floating around). 

So here it is, my horrible screenshot and photoshop skills in action; it's pretty accurate as of now:

de_shiro6_v78.jpg

And again, everything is an idea so far, so if you see any glaring issues, I'm sure I'm working on a fix already.

Thanks for your time!  Here are a couple screens of the main areas too while I'm at it:

20160902012957_2.jpg

B Site (CT-side Mid entrance on the far left, T side entrance (ramp), T entrance (balcony) and screen is taken from above a CT entrance)

20160902013105_2.jpg

T Spawn facing B route (left) and mid/T main (right)

20160902013418_2.jpg

A Site from a CT route facing T entrances (boards/window is breakable)

20160902013808_1.jpg

Mid from T side (prop_dynamic breaks into B ramp, far is CT entrance, and there's an underpass underneath the metal)

UPDATE:

A better look at A from a non-playable area:

20160902013703_2.jpg

And the main T route to A, kind of a staging area.  That random metal thing is an idea for Ts to trick jump and get a risky view of the far site at posted up CTs (can't see the meat of the bombsite from it though)

20160902014011_2.jpg

Edited by jUST_RUSH
It merged so have to format

3 hours ago, Pink Flamingo said:

looks really cool. keep up the good work bro.

Thank you !

Might give a better sense of the routes

de_shiro6_v78_graybox_radar.jpg

There's a decent amount of height variation that, despite my mediocre efforts, aren't represented here, so keep that in mind.  This is the jist of it, though.