Yanzl

VMT Editor - fast and simple editor for vmt files

@Momchilishte The preview needs to have game path set up properly. It should find games if you install in default steam dir, otherwise you need to set it up yourself (point to the folder with gameinfo.txt). No .vpk support unfortunately though.

Up to 1.2.4 now https://github.com/Gira-X/VMT-Editor/releases

Last few updates were mostly bug fixes, but there's also new vmt and vtf icons and option to add VMT Editor to context menu.

Latest version also checks for updates periodically so you're always up to date.

New icons

Version 1.3 brings a couple of new things: https://github.com/Gira-X/VMT-Editor/releases

• Added ability to type directly in the VMT Preview; apply changes by clicking Parse (or F6)
  • Added syntax highlighting to VMT Preview
  • Added quick shader change buttons
  • Added a button to clear Message log

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f527857786944752e706e67

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f485a65645247362e706e67

4 hours ago, Yanzl said:

Version 1.3 brings a couple of new things: [...]

Really nice changes. I like it a lot.

I've noticed that somehow I can't associate tga or png-files to VMT_Editor.exe in Windows. Worked fine in version 1.2.4 though. But dragging the files onto the program / shortcut directly still works so no problem .

Thanks for the effort.

Just released 1.3.3! https://github.com/Gira-X/VMT-Editor/releases

The big changes since 1.3:

• Added full size texture preview when you click on the textures
  • Added ability to add custom alpha channels to diffuse and bumpmap
  • Added output folder selection to Convert to VTF dialog
  • Added new texture conversion options: custom suffixes, default filters and auto renaming
  • Added ability to drag and drop textures on VMT Editor window
  • Parameters can now go above the slider limit

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f5661384556794b2e706e67

1 hour ago, Yanzl said:

@Minitiv Can you describe the steps to reproduce the error? Haven't seen this one before. Also post your system specifications.

this error happing when I loading PNG \ VTF 

its all starts from VMT Editor 1.3.2 \ 1.3.3 \ 1.3.4 versions same error. To be honest i dont know why this is happing. :I 
Well at least VMT_Editor_1.3.1 - works perfectly fine. 

sistem.jpg

Edited by Minitiv

I've been meaning to post a feature request for ages but I keep forgetting, so I'm going to drop everything I'm doing right now and post it. Here goes ...  feature request incoming ... NOW!

Would it be possible to auto-generate a hammer preview texture when you create a blend material? Like the ones where there's a diagonal line through the middle and on each side you see the two textures that are included in the blend material? I think that would be neat, and super helpful when you're working on a map with lots of complex interlocking displacements.

@Minitiv Are you using integrated Intel graphics? Found a bug that causes it to fallback to oldest OpenGL version. Can you try this version and see if it's fixed: http://gortnar.com/vmt/VMT_Editor.exe

@text_fish I think that would be possible to implement, though it'll probably take some time before it's done.