• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pray that DICE have an update up their sleeves for Operations, as it's a nightmare for attackers on most of the maps. Especially with 64 players. And here's what I think about the Operations:

Kaiserslacht

The best of the bunch. St. Quentin Scar plays well, and has a good chance that it is fully captured by attackers after the ticket increase, but the B flag in the last sector could maybe use a wee bit more cover as attackers often don't have much choice but to bunch up in the windmill, which by now is definitely ruined, or perhaps a slight extension of the capture zone. And the second map, Amiens, is not bad either. Not much to complain about.

Conquer Hell

I rate this second best, as I actually get to see the second map fairly often. For Ballroom Blitz, the first map in this operation, I think that in the second sector, attackers should have an additional spawnpoint in the south where the B flag used to be in the first sector. This goes with the flow of the map, and gives more incentive to capture B flag and not just spawn in front of A like it wants you to make a beeline for it. The second map however, which is Argonne Forest (or better known as: Shotgunne Forest), is very difficult for attackers. Chokepoints and few caps never go well together, making it a struggle for attackers to get anywhere, unless everyone hops onto mortars. Advancing through chokepoints into open areas where there's at least ten enemies laying in wait to gun you down sure is fun.

Iron Walls

Monte Grappa ... the bunkers. Oh god, the bunkers. Please do something about this, they are so easy to defend it's ridiculous. Sure, you can try and tell your team to get on top of the bunkers to capture them, but keep it mind; you are in the open, there is no anti-air, and defending airplanes just laugh as they wipe out all attackers on the bunker capture zones with bombs. It's now not uncommon to see airchavs going 100-something on this map. Lots of people wish that the bunker turrets leave a hole behind when destroyed so one can actually take out the defenders camping inside. If not, a larger capture zone is needed, as people really like to hang around the entrances chucking nades, and the capture zone doesn't extend that far. The only "tactic" people have found so far to get the bunkers reliably, is to have the blimp crash down onto it, killing everyone inside. Having to sacrifice a powerful team asset just to capture a flag is nuts.

And the last flag, inside the fortress, is such a clusterfuck and attackers often feel like spiders in a bathtub having firecrackers thrown at them. I can't say much about Empire's Edge, because you don't get to it very often because Monte Grappa is an almost garaunteed victory for defenders.

Oil of Empires

JGYSRXf.gif

I am thoroughly enjoying it too. Playing in 40 player Operations is a must for me though! There's a lot of things I could complain out but overall the experience is solid and I actually enjoy all of the different operations. The only thing I'm really bothered about is how sucky the support weapons are. :P 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Pampers said:

Another huge patch incoming bois. Some highlights here. Be sure to check out the standard issue rifle game mode, bolt action ironsight only :)

Noice, might as well post the pastebin that is being tossed around on the reddits and elsewhere : http://pastebin.com/MRYABYZA

But I see no mention of the grenade crossbow that we assume is a new Support gadget. However, it's there in the video, so we can safely say that yes, it's in.

Edited by Zyn
  • 2 weeks later...

I have spent 45 hours playing Battlefield 1 thus far and it is only getting more fun. :) One question about something that still puzzles me: tiny atmospheric flames on the ground that set me aflame within split-seconds when walking across them. So annoying. Why is that still a thing?

My girlfriend bought me this as an early birthday present and I'm loving it. I enjoyed the beta but not to this extent I wish I picked it up sooner!

The atmosphere in this game is so bleak it really does capture the horror of WWI I feel. I know most of the war was in trenches and not running around towns and deserts but the explosions and amount of people that die in a game is frightening. 

Operations mode is a lot of fun and I've actually played it more than my beloved conquest mode so far. I love it when you have to push/retreat and you hear everyone's whistles blowing and lots of screams in the background of people charging. 

Love it so far. Add me on Origin: Ren182

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm really trying to enjoy the war stories as well. The campaign does everything right but the AI is fucking retarded and it keeps killing the immersion. Just when you think you are in WW1 some bot is trying to take cover behind a 5 cm rock or just standing still in front of you and not reacting. It pisses me off. 

• 3 months later...