The multiplayer is amazing, haven't had this much excitement in a Battlefield game in a very long time. The new operations game mode is probably the most cinematic multiplayer experience I've had in ... maybe ever. The singleplayer is short, but they have the right idea this time around. More open sandboxes, more room for creative decision making. The tank storyline was well done, and the gameplay in the Lawrence of Arabia storyline is pretty awesome. Some other campaigns are weaker from a gameplay perspective but the storytelling keeps them enjoyable.

And also... dat environment art. Best looking levels this year alongside Uncharted 4 in my opinion.

Edited by nikkoship

I've played every BF title and had a lot of fun - for like 10 hours each. Still on the fence on this one, just don't know if I'm full on the genre. Operations look sick and the theme is great, but full price? I'm not sure this time.

Welp I caved in and bought it. Played the italian operation and loved it. I have no friends playing this, so please add LikeIceCream, would be cool to get the full experience :-)

Operations is probably the best game mode and the most WW1-feeling one. It takes the push/frontline vibe of Rush and makes it about holding ground instead of arming objectives inside a 1 square meter clusterfuck area of death. :D 

I definitely recommend the 40 player version in general. I tried 64 players but it felt a bit overcrowded on the maps I tried, though there may be exceptions.

I can't stop playing the fucking game. 

13 hours ago, Puddy said:

Operations is probably the best game mode and the most WW1-feeling one. It takes the push/frontline vibe of Rush and makes it about holding ground instead of arming objectives inside a 1 square meter clusterfuck area of death. :D 

I definitely recommend the 40 player version in general. I tried 64 players but it felt a bit overcrowded on the maps I tried, though there may be exceptions.

Totally agree, I felt the same thing. 

@Sprony I sent you a friend request on origin to fight by your side ;)

15 minutes ago, dux said:

No one buys BF for its single player. I'm still amazed it is even included. Seems like a waste of resources to me.

Lack of a singleplayer tends to be a kick in the balls for the review score for this sort of game.