kunalht

Battlefield 1

8 hours ago, PogoP said:

This game is such a sniperfest :(

There's definitely a tendency towards it in the game. A lot of it has to do with the levels. Many have realistic terrain with very scarce and low cover and allow for tremendously long sight lines. Furthermore, many levels have a sort of bowl shape, where the center of the map is surrounded by elevated ares, which allows snipers to lie on the outskirts and scrutinize the center, as someone with a microscope studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. 

10 minutes ago, Puddy said:

There's definitely a tendency towards it in the game. A lot of it has to do with the levels. Many have realistic terrain with very scarce and low cover and allow for tremendously long sight lines. Furthermore, many levels have a sort of bowl shape, where the center of the map is surrounded by elevated ares, which allows snipers to lie on the outskirts and scrutinize the center, as someone with a microscope studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. 

And what a pleasure to destroy all of them with the support class when you flank these cocksuckers

3 hours ago, Puddy said:

Haha nice War of the Worlds ref :P

But yeah, agreed. I wish they'd incorporate more cover into the levels. It's really cool to have these vast open spaces and actually, I guess it kinda reflects WW1 quite realistically, but it makes for frustrating gameplay. I'm really enjoying this game but I'm finding it to be a little more frustrating than I expected, I seem to get sniped a lot out of nowhere.

I've been forced to change my standard fps playstyle. I usually play medic and hide in buildings/behind tanks a lot. If I'm in the open I prone in ditches after being spotted, it doesn't take long, it seems, for the snipers to lose interest in me and target someone else. I've bsically slowed down a lot. This has turned out to be a winning formula for me at least. Sniper heavy teams tend to lose hard.

3 minutes ago, Pampers said:

Try equipping smoke grenades as well, you get two of them and they recharge fast if you have a support nearby

Yeah I'm a big Smoke Grenade fan. My mates always moan that I'm blocking them from taking shots at the enemy... but I'm blocking the enemy from shooting us :P

Played some MP, really good although so far so Battlefield (which isn't a bad thing at all!! :)).

Really enjoying the SP (although I think I might have been over-hyped for it!). Very smart of them to finally leverage the MP mechanics like capturing flags and all that UI from MP instead of trying to be COD in SP, I actually didn't finish BF4's campaign (though could have been due to FPS fatigue that seems to have peaked around 2013) but I love the bite-sized and 'stories' angle of this one. AI seems a bit janky though. :/ And bit weird of them to force everyone to play the SP after booting the game, since games like COD go the other way and allow you to start the game in the MP front-end.

Edited by Alf-Life

On 10/30/2016 at 3:28 AM, blackdog said:

Interview about the campaign

Thanks for the link! Great interview, was interesting to listen to him talk as he was genuine and very informative and also humble. Half-way through the SP campaign now and really enjoying it! MP is amazing as usual. :)

Oi Dice people, when the hell are you going to fix this god damn medal bug where it shows you last weeks medals.

Looks like it might be fixed, MIGHT.

Edited by Vilham

18 hours ago, Vilham said:

Oi Dice people, when the hell are you going to fix this god damn medal bug where it shows you last weeks medals.

Looks like it might be fixed, MIGHT.

Pampers cannot hear you over the sound of 12 microwaves. http://www.dice.se/news/dice-swedens-best-looking-office-2016/