Battlefield 1

kunalht

Played a round at the MSFT booth today on Xbox One (shockingly not the PS4 version. :rolleyes: ) Only got 10 or 15 minutes of play but...

1) Didn't notice any bugs.

2) I love the WW I setting.  Game had great atmosphere, sound, look/feel.  I loved getting away from high tech super soldiers and back to gritty, brutal old school early 20th century war action. Thumbs up!

3) No surprise that it definitely plays like a BF game as you would expect.  The tanks were cool, I crashed a plane, got killed by a hatchet that some other guy was pissed he could not counter and had a K:D of 8:12.  Woohoo!

Got that feeling like when I played BF 1942 ~ 14 years ago!!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Izuno said:

2) I love the WW I setting.  Game had great atmosphere, sound, look/feel.  I loved getting away from high tech super soldiers and back to gritty, brutal old school early 20th century war action. Thumbs up!

Yeah, I feel like the near-future gadget advanced weapon clusterfuck is getting a bit tired. It's nice to go back to some old school stuff for sure!

From the videos I've seen the melee seems op, which was my concern since announcement, with that mace highlighted on the cover art. In the demo I've seen on YT sniper was more effective charging from some 50mt away than shooting :| 

Other than that I got the feeling of Bf1942 as well :)

On 16/06/2016 at 9:37 AM, Puddy said:

Yeah, I feel like the near-future gadget advanced weapon clusterfuck is getting a bit tired. It's nice to go back to some old school stuff for sure!

Completely agree with that. I think I'll wait a few day after the release to see how the game is and...I could take part in this war too. 

Is there any news if the game is focusing on any particular front (expanding on others afterwards with DLC), or it will be offering maps from the different areas like 1942? Me and my fellow Italian friends will be very interested to see the Austro-Italian conflict on the Alps… I come from the area where the war songs sing "the foreigner will go no further [than the Piave river]" (yup, an early version of "you shall not pass"), our grand grandfathers dug in the cliffs and were moving weapons and ammunition on the back of donkeys. The Alpini corp is probably the most celebrated in Italy.

Havent seen anything suggesting our front will be in the game for now.

Edited by blackdog

• 2 weeks later...