Sign in to follow this  
knj

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

I bought the game on sale last night because I wanted the remastered cod4, but I'm going to refund it.

The multiplayer (for the remastered cod4) is pretty much completely dead. It's plays fine and the maps look great but, it feels like an early access title with its lack of variety. You can't play anything but TDM. I saw someone streaming a "classic" mode where there are weapon pickups/no kill-streaks etc. which excited me, but I assume he was playing on console because I couldn't find a single player on PC to play that mode with.

I hear the game is more popular on console, but I just can't get into a mp shooter with a controller. The campaign is exciting and nostalgic, and the levels look incredible (admittedly I wanted to play much more) but I just can't justify keeping this thing. I wish I could just buy the SP alone... but it's packaged in with too much nonsense. 

I'm having massive fps dips below 30 when I look in certain directions even with settings on low... which I don't understand at all. Besides the single-player, the entire package is really disappointing.

Just gonna stick with Titanfall 2 for this type of shooter, they're doing it much better these days imo.

Edited by nikkoship

23 hours ago, Pampers said:

does the free weekend include the remastered version?

No 😒

~

@nikkoship I badly want to play Titanfall 2 as well. Was just waiting some bigger discount as I'm unlikely to be able to play mp.

anyway consoles support mouse+keyboard. Recently some like Blizzard want to ban(?) their use as five too much advantage. (Which is quite some big bs to come out a company like that)

A thought on COD based on your observation: it would be hard to sustain, but with the series success would make sense to make COD a "service"… so instead of fragmenting the offer, they should keep things together and more accessible to everyone.

Something like having a common "base" of the game, and then you could buy just campaigns, or mp versions. Not sure if makes sense what I'm saying

The remastered is available as standalone on steam now, and greenmangaming had it on their summer sale so I got it like the consumer drone I am. The singleplayer is still the best one they ever did in the series, was even better than I remembered. Not played so much mp, but so far it feels very old school COD :)

still got the flick

3 hours ago, dux said:

35 FUCKING QUID!

Not including the map pack which is 12 quid more

Is the map pack the same maps which were in the original game or new ones?

Surely if they were in the original (even if it was DLC for the original) they should have included it in the remake? Doesn't everyone else normally include everything in remakes?

I refrain from buying Activision games because they are money hungry wolves. I made an exception for the Crash Bandicoot remake and of course Blizzard games. But other than that, no thank you. I like to get kissed before I get fucked.

1 hour ago, Beck said:

Is the map pack the same maps which were in the original game or new ones?

Surely if they were in the original (even if it was DLC for the original) they should have included it in the remake? Doesn't everyone else normally include everything in remakes?

It's the original map pack remastered and resold.

To make it worse the map pack on the remaster costs more than the original version ever did

Edited by Bastion

3 hours ago, Sprony said:

I refrain from buying Activision games because they are money hungry wolves. I made an exception for the Crash Bandicoot remake and of course Blizzard games. But other than that, no thank you.

I like to get kissed before I get fucked.

and don't forget dinner, very important! :v

Most game publishers are getting greedier because gamers are enabling them, "makin' it rain" with puchases of pre-orders, outrageous DLCs, overpriced/broken remakes, and useless season passes; best way to protest and tell them to fuck off is with your wallet. It stings, hurts, and makes your voice heard loud and clear.

55 minutes ago, will2k said:

and don't forget dinner, very important! :v

Most game publishers are getting greedier because gamers are enabling them, "makin' it rain" with puchases of pre-orders, outrageous DLCs, overpriced/broken remakes, and useless season passes; best way to protest and tell them to fuck off is with your wallet. It stings, hurts, and makes your voice heard loud and clear.

giphy.gif