Jump to content
Klassic

[CS:GO] de_remont

Recommended Posts

Hello Mapcore,

After this project has been discontinued by my friend (since he didn't want to work on it anymore) I have taken over this project, and i would like your feedback :D
INITIAL LAYOUT AND IDEA: MadsenFK (Steam, Mapcore)

Theme and location

de_remont Is set in a warehouse district located in a fictional city Poland. The main theme is a brick warehouse-ish style. The name is polish for renovation, since the statue is being renovated (A). So the overall idea of the map is that the Terrorists are trying to blow up the statue that is being renovated (A) or the equipment for another renovation (B), they are doing this since they are anarchist that are trying to make some noise by of course blowing these things up.

Layout:

Spoiler

de_remont_greybox_015_radar.png

Images:

Spoiler

Yard:

20160430194504_1.jpg

2nd Mid:

20160430194535_1.jpg

Mid:

20160430194551_1.jpg

T spawn:

20160430194559_1.jpg

Bombsite A:

20160430194614_1.jpg

Bombsite B:

20160430194623_1.jpg

Tree:

20160430194635_1.jpg

CT Spawn:

20160430194646_1.jpg

For anyone wanting to download the map, you can download it here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=675968278

Thanks for taking your time to read this post! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep up the good work! That vase thing near the tree doesn't fit there in my opinion.

And also if you want to get some polish text for use on map in the future, just send me PM ;)

yes i'm native

Edited by Aztk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2.5.2016 at 11:22 PM, Aztk said:

That vase thing near the tree doesn't fit there in my opinion.

 

Not unless its an explosive vase! :D

Besides that i like what i see so far. Second mid apears a bit boring due to its simplicity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had quick run few days ago and imho theme is a bit unconsistant (in some interiors modern-ish, in some outside places it's old-ish and for addidtion you can find there Cbble's statue).

@offtopic

12 hours ago, Mehvix said:

Knew that link is to the 3kliksphilip's video even before clicking it :v

Edited by Aztk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aztk said:

Had quick run few days ago and imho theme is a bit unconsistant (in some interiors modern-ish, in some outside places it's old-ish and for addidtion you can find there Cbble's statue).

I'm still finalizing the layout so it'll be near perfect, that leaves the theme and detailing unfinished. So don't expect anything from the theme until the layout is fully finished :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just checked this out, and it looks really nice! The map is not detailed yet and the bombsites have a lot of character, so good job on that :D

That said, here are a few comments:

  • CTs get to Bombsite B in 7 seconds white Ts take 13. I could see this making sense if you wanted the chokepoint to be further back towards T spawn, but the path to B from T splits off in two ways so it's kind of weird :/ I would make CT take a few seconds longer to get there.
  • Having Mid control seems useless for Terrorists at the moment. Both paths from Mid lead into another place I could've gotten to if I would've taken the main path from T. I recommend adding a new entrance into Bombsite A that can only be accessed by going through Mid.
  • Additionally, CTs get to Mid pretty fast as well. Because the paths from Mid connect into the main paths from T, this means that the CTs can easily control mid and then flank the Ts without much effort. I believe that this would make the map very CT sided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, gamez7 said:

CTs get to Bombsite B in 7 seconds white Ts take 13. I could see this making sense if you wanted the chokepoint to be further back towards T spawn, but the path to B from T splits off in two ways so it's kind of weird :/ I would make CT take a few seconds longer to get there

Working on opening up the chokepoint so
1. It will be outside
2. it will be more open and have more cover for advanced strategies and tactics.

22 hours ago, gamez7 said:

Having Mid control seems useless for Terrorists at the moment. Both paths from Mid lead into another place I could've gotten to if I would've taken the main path from T. I recommend adding a new entrance into Bombsite A that can only be accessed by going through Mid.

I might make it so that the yard area can only be accessed from mid, the site or by dropping down from heaven (very risky). If it will work? I don't know, we'll see :P

22 hours ago, gamez7 said:

Additionally, CTs get to Mid pretty fast as well. Because the paths from Mid connect into the main paths from T, this means that the CTs can easily control mid and then flank the Ts without much effort. I believe that this would make the map very CT sided.

When playtesting this, I kept seeing this problem as well, any ideas on how to fix it? i'm kind of stuck :v

Thanks for the extensive amount of feedback! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after a long while of no update, here's one:

Changes:

  • Added a church next to the A site because I got distracted...
  • Made A site more open to make it easier for CTs to hold the site.
  • Made the yard area more open so it is easier to navigate trough.
  • Yard is no accessible from Mid or the site.
  • The T ways to B are now more open
  • The walls on CT side Mid are now higher.

This is not nearly worth it to put on the workshop, because of all the bugs in the map. I just wanted to update you guys on the situation. Thanks for all the feedback (especially Terri in the MapCore playtest). 

Images:

Spoiler

20160514212648_1.jpg

The church I added.

20160514212704_1.jpg

A is more open.

20160514212712_1.jpg

***

20160514212720_1.jpg

Yard...

20160514212728_1.jpg

Wallbangable thing...

20160514212755_1.jpg

T way to B

20160514212759_1.jpg

T way to B

20160514212811_1.jpg

CT side of Mid

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...