gamez7

[WIP][CS:GO] de_lombardy

6 hours ago, blackdog said:

Gonna be set in the lake area, Garda, Maggiore etc?

Currently I'm basing it off Bergamo, Italy. Here's some pictures of the detailing I've just started:

T Spawn:

840e5375e0.jpg

Outside T Spawn:

4ceed218d2.jpg

It's pretty bare at the moment but eventually it'll look complete!

40 minutes ago, RealaxFourX said:

I wouldn't suggest starting detailing, especially if you haven't seen how the gameplay works in your map or you didn't do any game play tests (competitive and high ranked are highly recommended)

I have done a few small tests already, and I doubt I will be changing the T Spawn area layout any more so I decided to start detailing it. I agree with you, though, and I'm not going to do any detailing around Mid or the Bombsites yet until a lot more testing has been done.

22 hours ago, gamez7 said:

I have done a few small tests already, and I doubt I will be changing the T Spawn area layout any more so I decided to start detailing it. I agree with you, though, and I'm not going to do any detailing around Mid or the Bombsites yet until a lot more testing has been done.

The spawn might change more than you'd think. Stick with a greybox, and once you have a viable layout, go into detailing. It's going to suck having to change the layout when you have a bunch of detail in the way.

I see you've already changed areas around the map. I'll still give you my 2 cents about the layout though :)

• I really liked the lower connector (B-to-Mid, CT-side). It's an important but difficult area to hold, which I like!
  • To me A-window felt out of place and created some unwanted angles. Keep it if you think it's valuable though.
  • T-spawn felt cramped and could be much more open. Consider moving the T-spawn out of the alley, but timings might get messed up.
  • The water on B-site really shouldn't be playable. The T-side balcony overlooking B also creates a really OP afterplant position.
  • A-site already looks more focused in this version, so I won't mention the issues I had with it during the playtest.

My biggest issue:
  • The balcony close to T spawn played very awkwardly. CT's had total control over it since the only way up for T's was a really exposed ladder in mid. I would probably make the entire area unplayable and just keep it as detailing. I believe that making a staircase leading up to window-room instead would lead to some interesting gameplay. See pic below!
  • Since this means that you already have a connector from Mid to A I would consider removing the entire route through double doors towards lower B. Less routes are usually better.

Mid suggestion:
temp.png

This map was fun to play, but has some things to work on. Keep it up! :D

Edited by Logic

First of all, thank you so much for the feedback!

14 hours ago, Logic said:
  • A-site already looks more focused in this version, so I won't mention the issues I had with it during the playtest.

Actually, the pictures on the Workshop are from a scrapped version of the map and I haven't updated the screenshots yet. I was going to playtest that version on MapCore last Sunday, but my friends said they actually liked the previous version better so I hastily reverted the files on the Workshop. Would you mind giving me your feedback on the A site from the playtest anyways?

14 hours ago, Logic said:
  • Since this means that you already have a connector from Mid to B I would consider removing the entire route through double doors towards lower B. Less routes are usually better.

I'm assuming you meant A site rather than B here, as there are no double doors at B.

Thanks again! :)

8 hours ago, gamez7 said:

I'm assuming you meant A site rather than B here, as there are no double doors at B.

Yes, that is exactly what I meant! I corrected the original post :v 

8 hours ago, gamez7 said:

Actually, the pictures on the Workshop are from a scrapped version of the map and I haven't updated the screenshots yet. I was going to playtest that version on MapCore last Sunday, but my friends said they actually liked the previous version better so I hastily reverted the files on the Workshop. Would you mind giving me your feedback on the A site from the playtest anyways?

Alright then :)

A-site looked a bit sketchy at first but I did like the placement of the site, even though it might need some fine tuning before it's perfect.

There was a lot of vertical that felt overpowering for both sides and I would recommend simplifying it a bit. It's hard to explain what I mean about that, but just ask me about it if you don't understand :P

I mentioned the window that is overlooking the site and that I think it's better to remove it. It creates a very powerful after-plant spot otherwise.

It was hard to explain exactly what I meant about all this... If you feel like you didn't get much out of it or that you don't understand feel free to hit me up again and I could maybe explain things with an image or something :)

Now that phobycs is working on this map with me, I think it's time for a big update!

Bombsite B has been completely revamped, timings have been refined, and many minor layout changes have been made. Plus, the map looks even cleaner now (if that's even possible!)

Workshop link, as always.

Overview:

Spoiler

map.jpg

Screenshots:

Spoiler

de_lombardy_a14_playtest0004.jpg

de_lombardy_a14_playtest0005.jpg

de_lombardy_a14_playtest0009.jpg

de_lombardy_a14_playtest0007.jpg

de_lombardy_a14_playtest0006.jpg

de_lombardy_a14_playtest0008.jpgde_lombardy_a14_playtest0002.jpg