[CSGO]my first map: cs_seagull

Phetelys

This map is located at the coast of Scottland. A group of five terrorists have taken the rich lord and lady, who life in the house hostage. Try to safe them!

It's a fun little map. Can also be played with less than 10 playersI would be very thankfull for any kind of feedback. Here's the  Workshoplink

outside:

01.jpg

balcony:

2.jpg

Backstreet:

3 - Kopie.jpg

Appartement:

4.jpg

Overview:

10.png

Thank you very much for taking your time to look at my map. :D

Already a nice start, really liking it so far.

However some things I did not agree with the theme.

• The painting on the wall outside is really nice, but I don't think it should be graffiti. Like what old rich lord and lady would have that ?
  • Inside it could use some modern furniture, and more modern setting. The outside is really modern designed and inside it looks like a plain room

For a start, this is really good!

Pros:

• Really accurate modern design.
  • Small yet keeps up somewhat complex layout, takes some skill to master, very fond of shaping.
  • Really great boost/advantageous areas, overall balanced.
  • Super good for 3v3 play, unlike most other hostage maps.

Cons:

• Un-openable glass doors.
  • Unfitting artwork/graffiti.
  • Unachievable roof near balcony, causes confusion, could be very strong position for use.
  • Unfitting models (some modern and some old).

Besides those gripes, this map is really shaping up! Super pretty!

Thank you very much for the feedback.:)

• The painting on the wall outside is really nice, but I don't think it should be graffiti. Like what old rich lord and lady would have that ?
  • Inside it could use some modern furniture, and more modern setting. The outside is really modern designed and inside it looks like a plain room
  • Un-openable glass doors.
  • Unfitting artwork/graffiti.
  • Unachievable roof near balcony, causes confusion, could be very strong position for use.
  • Unfitting models (some modern and some old).
  • the graffiti was removed
  • replaced some of the props
  • made roof near balcony accessable
  • moved the unopenable glassdoors, so the shorter way is through the glass (I want to keep the sound the breaking glass makes so that the Ts get some information when the CTs enter)

Other konwn issues:

• Skyboxfog doesn't work like it's supposed to
  • normal watere and skybox water don't have the same tint.

I'm currently working on trying to fix them.

Really like the big outside view (from spawn point?) in first shit, but like highlighted by someone already, I find the graffiti and general dirty look contrasting too much with the modern architecture… looks like the Ts have not only kidnapped these people but held them captive for months. If this is an hideout the location is wrong, even if it was generally rundown.

I would either go with a (now) classic modern-clean look, or a construction site theme, like the rich couple building the place have been kidnapped while being shown the latest additions from the head of project 

Can we get screenshots of the updated version? I like the look of this map. Very impressive for a first map.

Also you mentioned the tint of the water being different; if the water is in the skybox, its going to be darker because skybox lighting isn't as accurate as the map's lighting itself. Hope that helps.

I also changed the color of the fog, to make it more like the color of the skybox and made it start earlier to hide the change of the water from the level to the skybox.

cleaned up backstreet and removed graffiti:

20160426124254_1.jpg

opened up this area:

20160426124344_1.jpg

replaced some models:

20160426124312_1.jpg

20160416231914_1.jpg

Edited by Phetelys

This map is very pretty! The brighter (more mediterrenean) light seems to be more fitting. Maybe its not a scottish lord an lady that have been captured. Maybe its the prince of monaco?

Some parts of the interior appear a bit dark a bit more light would probably fit the modern style with the big glass fascade.

Another point i'd like to add is the outside area. It looks a bit rural. If the lot has wealthy owner they probably can afford a gardener. Most modern houses also have stylish outside areas too.

Over all a great map, keep it up!

On 26.4.2016 at 7:48 PM, Shibou said:

Another point i'd like to add is the outside area. It looks a bit rural. If the lot has wealthy owner they probably can afford a gardener. Most modern houses also have stylish outside areas too.

I thought about it and came up with this:

20160428153149_1.jpg

Do you like it or is it a bit over the top?

Or is this version better?:

20160428210006_1.jpg

Edited by Phetelys

6 hours ago, Phetelys said:

I thought about it and came up with this:

Do you like it or is it a bit over the top?

Or is this version better?:

20160428210006_1.jpg

I think your second version is more stylish. but yes, get rid of the trash can ;-)

Theses stones surrounding your  plants would more likely fit an older house but they could also wor out very nice here. Good job!

2 hours ago, Shibou said:

I think your second version is more stylish. but yes, get rid of the trash can ;-)

Theses stones surrounding your  plants would more likely fit an older house but they could also wor out very nice here. Good job!

I agree, I also like it more. Will update the map as soon as it has finished compiling.

EDIT:Updated

20160428223551_1.jpg

Edited by Phetelys
update