• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy review day people!    

Most likely the same engine as the first one, which is built on the foundation of source engine, which is built on the foundation of Quake 2.         lmao

I'm keeping my eye on this one.

Yeah goddamnit, couldn't be more typical. I got it for the PS4 before the pandemic and been playing a few nights in the last couple weeks.

Gotta say I've heard everyone talking about the amazing campaign and it's good, but not as intense as I was expecting it to be. Some boss fights that you'd expect to be tougher -simply because you've been playing a few hours- were actually ridiculously easier to beat than previous ones (eg the one voiced by Schwarzy, or by someone making an impression of him). The sections on foot are still the most fun anyway, but I feel they are too easy.

I'm still mostly impressed by the fact this is Source at its core, and bitter there's no way to create custom content, it would be fun.

Finished the campaign two nights ago, I had left the previous session just at the last level... so I dunno if it was that, but felt very underwhelming finale. Even the boss battle was much easier than the one I found most challenging, fighting Viper. "The Ark" was way more exhilarating than the final and would have worked much better as a final level, in terms of tone.

All in all, it's a very fun game but I feel could have done better. Also they seem to have focused more on SP content for this one, I feel they could have modified some campaign maps and make fore example a time attack challenge mode to practice parkour, or a horde mode that would have you switch between pilot and mech. If there were SP DLC I would definitely get it.

I really hope they will pursue a new chapter in the coming years, this is a fantastic IP, it's a shame if it dies with Apex Legends.

5 hours ago, DMU222 said:

This does exist in the games multiplayer (Frontier defense) except they used mp maps as a base rather than sp ones.

Yeah but nobody plays this game anymore I imagine, I kinda feel that if you are making a game that you know will predominantly played for its campaign, you should add extra SP modes if you can.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished this last night. I loved it.

It was short, but that just meant they could really focus on perfecting each level, it was great! I loved how sometimes you'd be fighting alongside BT, then you'd be alone switching between timelines, then back in BT for some kick ass mech combat, then you'd be flung across the map to wall run and do some nice environment puzzles. Nothing felt padded or stretched out to get the play time up. They were just like "Here, look how cool this is, now check this awesome set piece out, oh shit let's go fight in that mech over there"

The art was stunning in places I found it hard to believe it was a Source engine game. BT was wonderfully written, I really enjoyed his replies to your comments. Story was fine, but I didn't really care I was having too much fun with the gameplay.

Now I can join everyone else who's upset there doesn't seem to be any Titanfall 3 on the way. :(

On 7/10/2020 at 12:57 PM, Beck said:

Nothing felt padded or stretched out to get the play time up. They were just like "Here, look how cool this is, now check this awesome set piece out, oh shit let's go fight in that mech over there"

I think even to a fault, in a certain way, I was left with a definite feeling of wanting more of the pilot combat… what I mean is that the game flows so much that I didn’t feel I could internalise and enjoy properly the scenarios.

But otherwise to me this looks like a master in level design, especially for what you can do in Source –I wonder how much they changed the renderer to make it perform like this– the factory creating the combat scenarios is totally bonkers and can’t shake the thought it informed the Dishonored DLC

Edited by blackdog
  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, zastels said:

I picked it up, I tried that horde mode thing first, it was very boring. 

I'll try the SP I guess. 

I didn't know they had a horde mode! I wish they put it in the SP as well, sometimes I just want to shoot stuff for an hour, this kind of mode is perfect and perfectly doable in SP :mad:

The horde mode is okay. It was added in as a free dlc and is fun with friends if you get bored of the mp. It's definitely not the game mode you should start with though, because it isn't great at showing off the systems that make this game so fun c;

Edited by DMU222