Sprony

Epic Games & MapCore's Unreal Tournament Level Design Contest Discussion

22 hours ago, NATO said:

Just an FYI, if you want to make sure people can still playtest you'll need to recook your maps on the new build!

Is this every build or just engine versions? Now I have to unmesh my map to make a new shell just to get that out there since I changed the scaling since I submitted for phase one. Ugh lol.

1 hour ago, Mangley said:

Is this every build or just engine versions? Now I have to unmesh my map to make a new shell just to get that out there since I changed the scaling since I submitted for phase one. Ugh lol.

It happens almost every time the engine updates.

I updated to version 04, I also updated the link in the Phase 1 thread.  You can download the PAK HERE

1 hour ago, Mangley said:

You should use this Map scaler, it scales everything a once! https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/forums/showthread.php?19007-Map-Scaler-Blueprint-Editor&highlight=map+scaler

Update to all contestants.. The new build has a bug when maps are set to a Showdown game type, you have to set it to DM in order for servers to run the map.    Here is my updated and working version..  Version-04-1

Well everybody, by now you know what caused the delay for play-testing. We we're waiting for the new build to come out. This means you all have to recook your submissions. Please update your phase 1 submission post with a download link to your latest, recooked, build. We'll be sending Epic the list this Monday evening (22:00 GMT+1). Make sure you've updated your submission post by then. Everybody that fails to do so, or who has not yet included the disclaimer text, we'll not see his/her map on the Epic hub for play-testing.

As soon as the list is done, I'll inform you all on how we'll continue. In the mean time, keep building guys/girls!

PS: The above is purely optional. If you do not wish to have your map play-tested, then don't bother. This doesn't mean you're disqualified.

On 14/5/2016 at 2:40 PM, Sprony said:

Please update your phase 1 submission post with a download link to your latest, recooked, build. We'll be sending Epic the list this Monday evening (22:00 GMT+1). Make sure you've updated your submission post by then. Everybody that fails to do so, or who has not yet included the disclaimer text, we'll not see his/her map on the Epic hub for play-testing.

Could you please give us some more time? I definitely want my map to be on the HUBs, but it depends on the Map Scaler tool which has not been re-released yet for 4.12... :|

I won't be able to re-submit mine, The editor has been "packaging" my level for about 4 hours now with no visible packing actually done, If I can finish work tomorrow in time then I'll give it another shot.

@TheGlecter I'm afraid that's not possible. Due to the new build we're already delayed enough as it is. Plus, we can't wait for the support of an unofficial tool.

@FRAG I hope you make it!

@Sjonsson You're good to go!

On 4/2/2016 at 4:16 PM, Sprony said:

Please use this thread for all your questions regarding the contest or if you need technical help with your map. You can also send me a private message if you do not wish to share it with everyone. 

Hello,

I just came to know that I would have to recook the map using the updated editor. But the problem is whenever I try to update the editor, the launcher crashes and as of now, I do not have enough time to reinstall the launcher and the whole editor before the submission time. 

So, would any kind soul able to recook the map for me and my friend. I can upload the .umap file. 

PM me please, if anyone is willing to do the kind deed.

Thanks in adv

DNADrone and franktha

4 hours ago, Sprony said:

@TheGlecter I'm afraid that's not possible. Due to the new build we're already delayed enough as it is. Plus, we can't wait for the support of an unofficial tool.

I was able to scale my map with an old version of the MapScaler, although I had to scale all the lights manually. Updated my submission post with the new link! :)

Even so, I really think you should give a little more time, or submit a second round of levels to Epic in a week or two, for those who can't recook in time. I see some people who are having problems with the launcher, ridiculously long cooking times, etc... We're all putting tons of work into this and it would suck if someone can't get his map on the servers due to Epic updating the game in a bad moment...

2 hours ago, TheGlecter said:

I was able to scale my map with an old version of the MapScaler, although I had to scale all the lights manually. Updated my submission post with the new link! :)

Even so, I really think you should give a little more time, or submit a second round of levels to Epic in a week or two, for those who can't recook in time. I see some people who are having problems with the launcher, ridiculously long cooking times, etc... We're all putting tons of work into this and it would suck if someone can't get his map on the servers due to Epic updating the game in a bad moment...

Although I am suffering from some issues getting my level cooked in time (and don't know if I will make it) - I think Sprony, Mapcore, and Epic Games needs to take a hard stance on this submission deadline. Otherwise, what is the point? People will keep asking for delays and levels will not be completed. Also, we have been accommodated already once with a delay.

7 hours ago, Sprony said:

@FRAG I hope you make it!

@Sjonsson You're good to go!

Thanks @Sprony just got home from work so going to get started and hopefully make it in time!

Did the UT update remove a bunch of Liandri assets? I recooked my level and suddenly it was missing textures for anything from Liandri.

I'm going to try to make some of my own really quick for submission.

EDIT : It looks/plays fine in the editor. I just lose everything when I cook the map.

Edited by AlexM

Recreating the assets was no big deal. I updated my submission. It looks like the liandri stuff has either been moved or removed. I guess when the editor updates it doesn't remove/update changed assets.