Sprony

Epic Games & MapCore's Unreal Tournament Level Design Contest Discussion

1 hour ago, insomnaut said:

Hmm, I asked about this yesterday and received positive reply, but still not sure if was clear enough...
What if my Phase 1 submission is an incomplete layout? Can I still finish the layout taking a few days from Phase 2 schedule? I understand the more time I spend on layout the less I will have to polish it. I am willing to take the risk. I also understand Phase 2 deadline is the final one.

I believe you can refine the layout during phase 2, if you need to finish the layout you'll probably be able to do that but that's for the mapcore admins to decide.

Without being in the contest or anything, I think it would be strange if no layout changes/fixes can be made when you place down graphics and art, most level designer know that as soon as you start doing that, things in the layout might just need to be changed or fixed up a bit

Me and @mawnsson did some testing today on a dedicated server I hosted. If you guys need help with testing just give us a shout, we do some regular testing every week and are open to have someone joining us.

Here's a new pic from my map (working title) Swamp Forts:

ISYZntF.jpg

Leon Coachman

Ailen Temple Base

Lee, Leo. Coachman

I just want the software to be able to save all of my work and, it keeps restating my player making it hard to play my game, also is this the correct file so you guys can play mt file?

“I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula )”

Image1.jpg

Image3 (2).jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

AlienWorld.t3d

Edited by leoncoachman

What editor are you using?  The EU4 one or the Unreal Tournament 4 editor?

The map needs to be saved as a PAK file.   From the top menu of the editor you click Share, Share this level.  And make sure you have player starts in your map.

Leon Coachman

Ailen Temple Base

Lee, Leo. Coachman

I just want the software to be able to save all of my work and, it keeps restating my player making it hard to play my game, also is this the correct file so you guys can play mt file?

“I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula )”

Image1.jpg

Image3 (2).jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

AlienWorld.t3d

On 5/8/2016 at 0:56 PM, FX said:

What editor are you using?  The EU4 one or the Unreal Tournament 4 editor?

The map needs to be saved as a PAK file.   From the top menu of the editor you click Share, Share this level.  And make sure you have player starts in your map.

I been using EU4 I for some reason the downloaded file keeps giving me this message, after I uninstalled and reinstall it never launches the Unreal Tournament 4 editor or the Game. I just have the EU4 editor.   

ErrorPage.jpg

ErrorPage2.jpg

On 5/10/2016 at 8:22 PM, leoncoachman said:

ErrorPage.jpg

ErrorPage2.jpg

Click the Verify option from he drop down menu on the create button.

I expect to update everybody regarding server time by the end of the week. It's coming!

On 5/11/2016 at 4:04 AM, FX said:

Click the Verify option from he drop down menu on the create button.

Yes I have Verify  option it still says THE PROGRAM CANT START BECAUSE UE4EDITOR - BLUEPRINTCONTEXT.DLL IS MISSING FROM YOUR COMPUTER. TRY REINSTALLING TO FIX THIS PROBLEM.

THE GAME MODULE UNREALTOURNAMENT COULD NOT BE LOADED. THERE MAY BE AN OPERATING SYSTEM ERROR OR THE MODULE MAY NOT BE PROPERLY SET UP. 

I want to try and update my windows drivers? I running it on windows 8.1 would this help should updating it to windows 8.2 or higher. 

On 5/11/2016 at 6:09 PM, Sprony said:

I expect to update everybody regarding server time by the end of the week. It's coming!

hey! what things do we need to update for that? and how to get map rotation and redirect reference code for my map?  

2 hours ago, leoncoachman said:

Yes I have Verify  option it still says THE PROGRAM CANT START BECAUSE UE4EDITOR - BLUEPRINTCONTEXT.DLL IS MISSING FROM YOUR COMPUTER. TRY REINSTALLING TO FIX THIS PROBLEM.

THE GAME MODULE UNREALTOURNAMENT COULD NOT BE LOADED. THERE MAY BE AN OPERATING SYSTEM ERROR OR THE MODULE MAY NOT BE PROPERLY SET UP. 

I want to try and update my windows drivers? I running it on windows 8.1 would this help should updating it to windows 8.2 or higher. 

I've never seen this error before.  Sounds like it's the other editor causing the problem, Did you install both of them into the same path?  If so maybe that's why.  Just let it install into the default path. 

Another option is to verify the other editor.  Updating your system drivers is always a good thing.  Try that too!

On 5/11/2016 at 5:39 AM, Sprony said:

Thanks man!

Today me, @Terri, @mawnsson and @FrieChamp did some playtesting!

This time we played my map as well as FrieChamp's and sadly I forgot to take a screenshot on FrieChamps.

Shout if you want to join in next week. Target day is tuesday but it's subject to change.

0NVAzYo.png