Sprony

Epic Games & MapCore's Unreal Tournament Level Design Contest Discussion

I've just submitted my half of a map ;P Couldn't participate until last friday :P
Please, let me know if I can borrow a week from Phase 2 to finish the shell properly. Thanks!

Edited by insomnaut

Submissions closed 21:54 :(

I know I should've submitted earlier, I've just been in such a hurry all day and couldn't make it. 
Well well, GL HF to the contestants. 

2 minutes ago, mawnsson said:

Submissions closed 21:54 :(

I know I should've submitted earlier, I've just been in such a hurry all day and couldn't make it. 
Well well, GL HF to the contestants. 

Unlocked. It wouldn't be fair otherwise since I was stuck in traffic and should have been home before 9 to close it myself. After that, it's really closed (several others were officially too late as well due to me being stuck). If anybody opposes this one hour exception please let me know.

UPDATE 02-05-16:

Phase 1 has officially come to an end. The submission thread is now closed. I want to ask everybody to check their submission posts and make sure it follows the exact template. Plus, a screenshot would be appreciated. 

The most important thing however is that everybody, that agrees, adds this disclaimer in their submission posts:

“I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).”

It's needed so that Epic can put all Phase 1 submissions on their Epic HUB's that are already running custom content. That should make it a lot easier for the community to test and provide feedback amongst themselves.

Without the added disclaimer, your map cannot be play tested!

6 minutes ago, FRAG said:

I would add the disclaimer but I don't have the ability to edit my post, I'm assuming that is due to it being locked now?

That shouldn't happen but I'm unlocking it either way. No more submissions though. 

When will we know if we made it to phase 2?

Will we get any feedback on the maps?

Are Epic going to play all the maps live on the stream?

Good Luck everyone!

24 minutes ago, Psyrius said:

Is it ok to update the map and the link submitted?

No, Phase 1 is over, what has been submitted to the Phase 1 thread you must leave alone as the deadline has now passed!

Start on Phase 2 and go nuts!

1 hour ago, FRAG said:

No, Phase 1 is over, what has been submitted to the Phase 1 thread you must leave alone as the deadline has now passed!

Hmm, I asked about this yesterday and received positive reply, but still not sure if was clear enough...
What if my Phase 1 submission is an incomplete layout? Can I still finish the layout taking a few days from Phase 2 schedule? I understand the more time I spend on layout the less I will have to polish it. I am willing to take the risk. I also understand Phase 2 deadline is the final one.

Edited by insomnaut

1 hour ago, FRAG said:

OK so update, but not submit it yet :) I'll try not to touch the layout too much though. Hope I can get some feedback on that soon so I can work more on that ^^