Epic Games & MapCore's Unreal Tournament Level Design Contest Discussion

Since I encountered problems with it and want to avoid bad judgement because of that: What is the correct way to set up the Overcharge entity? In some posts I read one should use "Generic Objective Markers" (which I am not able to find in the content browser. All that although it is possible to choose "Overcharge" in the PowerUp entity. It happened to me tho, that the Overcharge was placed in some random location too. I also read somewhere earlier in this thread that you should not set the map mode to Showdown. Is this still valid? I know there were some updates during the contest.

How did you guys implement the Overcharge?

5 hours ago, poLemin said:

Since I encountered problems with it and want to avoid bad judgement because of that: What is the correct way to set up the Overcharge entity? In some posts I read one should use "Generic Objective Markers" (which I am not able to find in the content browser. All that although it is possible to choose "Overcharge" in the PowerUp entity. It happened to me tho, that the Overcharge was placed in some random location too. I also read somewhere earlier in this thread that you should not set the map mode to Showdown. Is this still valid? I know there were some updates during the contest.

I just copy pasted the overcharge marker from one of the epic maps 

Hey, just released a quick update to my map! I have updated the links of both this thread and the 'Phase 2 Submissions' one. I haven't tested this new version enough by myself, so I'm keeping the July 1 version link in the submissions thread too, in case there is something wrong with this new version (probably not...).

12 hours ago, poLemin said:

UTGenericObjectivePoint actors. ;) Haven't tried choosing it in a PowerupBase, but that would most likely spawn the powerup in non-TSD game modes, which you really don't want to happen (especially if you have more than one location).

Edited by TheGlecter

2 minutes ago, NATO said:

I'm having a major issue, I can't cook my map currently. It runs out of ram. Not sure what to do. Any advice?

I am still not very familiar with UE4, so the only thing I can offer you is cooking the map for you IF there is a way to share your workingfiles and custom assets in a managable way. And of course if you are willing to.

Does building light work without any problems?

Just now, NATO said:

Looks like I've managed to get it to cook by restarting cooking a shell map and then cooking the final map. I guess it cashe's stuff on the disk and freeing up ram *shrugs*

Thanks for the offer! :)

Also I REALLY need to get around to getting more than 8GB ram

Glad you could sort it out! Looking forward to seeing your map!

I'm working like a madman here but I don't think I'll make it. It will come down to bake/packaging times now..

:(

Edit:

Yepp, I'm fucked. My final light build just crashed. Would have baked much sooner but I had to prioritize work. Sad lyfe!

Edit 2:

Tried packaging it with preview lighting but that didn't work either. Here's what the abomination looks like. I'm so fucking dissapointed. :(

OVYYjJn.jpg

10X6rtz.jpg

J1hGHET.jpg

CE8Qlko.jpg

Ke1cZxb.jpg

Edited by Sjonsson

We have 30 submissions and they are looking very promising. The submission thread is now locked since the deadline has passed. We've got a lot of work to do and I'll inform everybody on how we're moving forward as soon as possible. Be sure to keep an eye on our forums and social media regarding any updates. For now, relax and take a breather because you deserve it!

Hey i was posting my map while you closed it!!  “I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).”

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgyah6tul6hgnji/DM-NIRVANA-WindowsNoEditor.pak?dl=0

Edited by Kingcobra
i've been crunching 3 days in a row f555555k

23 minutes ago, ShadesMaster said:

Locked? My map's still packaging, and I thought the deadline was 4PM EST I used am online converter....

18 minutes ago, Crafty said:

Also missed deadline sadly. I had to reinstall the editor because it was crashing during cooking.

22 minutes ago, Kingcobra said:

Hey i was posting my map while you closed it!!  “I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).”

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgyah6tul6hgnji/DM-NIRVANA-WindowsNoEditor.pak?dl=0

5 hours ago, Sjonsson said:

I'm working like a madman here but I don't think I'll make it. It will come down to bake/packaging times now..
:(
Edit:
Yepp, I'm fucked. My final light build just crashed. Would have baked much sooner but I had to prioritize work. Sad lyfe!
Edit 2:
Tried packaging it with preview lighting but that didn't work either. Here's what the abomination looks like. I'm so fucking dissapointed. :(

I've unlocked the thread and extended the deadline to 23:00 GTM+1. No exceptions after that.

• Mapcore Supporters

Funds go towards hosting and license costs, Discord server boosts, and more. If you'd like to donate, check out our Patreon announcement.