Sign in to follow this  
[HP]

FINAL FANTASY XV

Not played a FF since x but this one has made me want to buy a console and give it a go! Graphically it is pretty stunning and some of the locations I've seen have been really beautiful. Not sure about the combat but you can't really make judgement on that without playing it for yourself.

Might wait for a PC release.

The review brings up a good point. If you don't watch either Brotherhood or Kingsglaive, you'll have no idea what's going on for a while. That's a... interesting choice on SE's part. I've seen Brotherhood, and I'm positive that made me enjoy the beginning of the game a lot more.

Edited by grapen

I just had an epic moment with space ships the size of 10 world trade center buildings combined blow up a city and a few minutes later having a guy with a cooking hat ask me to find a wild tomato in the hoods.

This game is something special  

How much have you guys played so far? I think I've put in about 3-4 hours and it's kinda clicking but I'm not sold just yet. The characters are a bit shitty and not that likeable so far. The voice acting is a bit generic. But I'm enjoying it so far.

One thing I'm a bit worried about is how basic the combat system is. I loved the gambit system from FF12. Can you not control your other characters to a greater degree than just 'press L1 then a button on the Dpad'?

how is the story and quests? is it full of angst and teenage drama a grown ass man would roll his eyes over? If I have to run around with my boy band looking for fabric parts for a dress or ingredients to a cup cake competition, I think I will wait for a sale

3 hours ago, Pampers said:

how is the story and quests? is it full of angst and teenage drama a grown ass man would roll his eyes over? If I have to run around with my boy band looking for fabric parts for a dress or ingredients to a cup cake competition, I think I will wait for a sale

I still haven't watched the movie or the anime but the story already grabbed my attention however. I'm really curious to know more about this universe, I'm finding it different and refreshing. Although I'm barely 4 hours in and it's just getting more interesting. I have a lot of questions, specially regarding the motivations of some of the characters and the world the game is set in.
So far tho, the sidequests are either just simple fetch quests or hunter quests, I hope it gets more interesting later on, i'm sure it will.

The gameplay is fairly simple in the beginning but I'm sure it'll get more elaborate and fun as you start adding more layers to combat like spells, etc. I'm with Pogo that I wish I could play with the other 3 dudes other than just pressing a key and call cast their special. But in a way, it helps you really master your main guy.

I havent played a FF game since 7, and I'm having a blast with this for the simple reason that everything feels so new to me. So far, I'd go ahead and say if there's a game worth of your 60 bucks, this is definitely it, you can almost smell the money and labor they poured on this game. lol

I'm still early in but I was expecting combat to pick up in complexity by now. I'm missing my limit breaks, white magic, green magic, special skills like steal etc. If they don't get introduced at all I'll be really bummed.

The world is fantastic though. That feel when you discover the car stereo and find that all your favourite soundtracks are there was a nice touch.

Edited by grapen

About 5 hours in, really digging it so far. Combat-wise it seems a bit dumbed down from other entries but it's hard to tell until you get to later parts. Usually the first part of these games is pretty easy and then the difficulty ramps up a lot. The characters are nice and not as annoying as I thought they could be.

So far it's everything I wanted it to be and more, I know I'll be playing this for a long time :) 

15h in and I really like it. Haven't played a FF since Final Fantasy X which I wasn't a fan of, but FF15 really feels like a step in the right direction. 

I wish the world felt a bit more inhabited and the characters had a bit more nuance to them, right now it's a whole lot of boring melo-drama. But gameplay overall is very fun, the stuff I thought would be tedious and boring is just the opposite. Driving on scripted roads, watching setpieces and camping is fun. Combat is fun and has depth. Can't wait til I get some summons, (if there is any).   

I'll definitely finish this game.

I'm about 9 hours in and I'm still not sold. It's another example of an open world that feels so empty/sparsely populated. The characters are still not really clicking with me and I find the combat to be super basic... It's a shame they didn't include more elements from FFXII. The magic system is really lacking for me. As someone said previously, where's protect, shell, white magic etc? The car is a bit annoying too, I find it really boring having to sit and wait for it to take you somewhere. I know you can fast travel to cities and parking spots, but.. I dunno. Just isn't quite gelling with me yet.

I'm going to carry on playing though, I really want to see if it expands the combat system any more. If not, I think I'm gonna sell it. I just got to the second area which looks a bit bigger so I'm hoping that it improves from here.

I'm really glad that you guys are enjoying it though, genuinely. Each to their own I guess!

Edited by PogoP