Texture watching tool for CSGO

tomm

So I thought some of you may find this thing useful, it's a small script to make getting textures into csgo less painful.

It's easy to get it running, you just drag and drop a directory on the executable, fill in your map name and you're good to go.

quick example:

my current directory structure is like so

+---textures
|   \---decals
|       \---wooden_beam_stains.psd

I drag and drop the textures directory on the executable and after I modify wooden_beam_stains.psd it will get converted to vmt/vtf.

Script takes into consideration your directory structure, so this example would output into:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\materials\de_havana\decals\wooden_beam_stains.vtf

Known issues:

• Saving out a blank psd will count as a change and will automatically be converted to vmt/vtf.
  • Texturing models is tailored to my current bad workflow, meaning it ignores your directory structure and just dumps the textures into your materials\models\de_yourmap\ directory.

download link

Use at your own risk though! I won't take responsibility for your pc blowing up :v

check out the not so beautiful source code if you think I'm trying to hack your computádos. and thanks to @Vorontsov for being my guinea pig.

Edited by tomm

• 2 months later...

Just tried it today and it's not working on my side.

What I did : 

• Dragged my materials folder (containing the .PSD files) on the .exe.
  • Inputted Link as my mapname
  • Created/Saved something in photoshop (Folder : Materials/projector_screen/FILE.PSD)
  • No change in my materials/link/ folder

Am I missing something?

Edited by JSadones

29 minutes ago, JSadones said:

Just tried it today and it's not working on my side.

What I did : 

• Dragged my materials folder (containing the .PSD files) on the .exe.
  • Inputted Link as my mapname
  • Created/Saved something in photoshop (Folder : Materials/projector_screen/FILE.PSD)
  • No change in my materials/link/ folder

Am I missing something?

That's strange, you're doing everything correctly, did it log anything in the command line window after you saved/created your psd?

probably best if you add me on steam.