kscythe

Mapping Community Voiceserver

Hey guys and fellow mapcreators,

since I really love this app "Discord" which is basically Teamspeak in modern style, I thought about creating a community for mapcreators. Several reddit-boards (like /r/halflife) already have their own Discord communitys and I missed one for map creators.

So if you want to join us and talk about your maps, feedback, inspirations or about your questions.

https://discord.gg/0sOn2JwFFFAS9Xvu

I would love to have the opportunity to talk to some map creators in realtime via voicechat or normal chat.

I'm looking forward to greet you over there!

Happy mapping!

it would be easier if mapcore would not hide the teamspeak server in the playtesting forums.

instead the ts should have its own menu item next to the twitter icon and one ts-viewer on the side below articles.

edit: ofc it would be the best solution if mapcore would make one teamspeak server for all mapping guys together with /r/csmapmakers and /r/sourceengine
this mapping scene is not huge. i dont understand why its splitting in different forums/voiceservers.

Edited by baem123

I always wondered as to why you guys don't have a text chat going on like Tf2maps does.

It's full of people all the time talking and random stuff, makes the community feel like a family.

it would be easier if mapcore would not hide the teamspeak server in the playtesting forums.

instead the ts should have its own menu item next to the twitter icon and one ts-viewer on the side below articles.

edit: ofc it would be the best solution if mapcore would make one teamspeak server for all mapping guys together with /r/csmapmakers and /r/sourceengine
this mapping scene is not huge. i dont understand why its splitting in different forums/voiceservers.

Because we're different communities? They are them and we are us.

We're not going to publicise the mapcore TS so anyone can take a tourist visit to try and spot some operation mappers. If people are interested in mapping and want to take part in the voice comms it's easily found. It's not a large server and can't afford to be obviously public.

It already has enough problems with spammers.

Because we're different communities? They are them and we are us.

We're not going to publicise the mapcore TS so anyone can take a tourist visit to try and spot some operation mappers. If people are interested in mapping and want to take part in the voice comms it's easily found. It's not a large server and can't afford to be obviously public.

It already has enough problems with spammers.

well, i understand that you dont want to share everything with other communities,
especially because everything is on average at a higher artistic level at mapcore than in other forums.

but thats no reason to hide the mapcore ts-server from newer mapcore members in my opinion.
you can easily set up channels with passwords or ranks for staff/really good mappers/old users wich gives them permissions for special channels.
you could also deny any poke/direct contact/spam from new ts users to other groups as described above.