[WIP] de_Regista (temporary name)

Nohns

Hello People!

I'm in the making of my first competitive map, de_regisa. Detailing has of course not been applied yet,

cause i will have to get some feedback on the layout, and a playtest scheduled.

All feedback or constructive criticism on the current layout or the map as is, will be much appreciated! :)

Workshop link here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=63769719(Screenshots are all included in the workshop file).

Timings are comming soon..

Layout (updated):

5BDr1T3.thumb.png.c7f11343ec79de19af0b54

Version 2: Made changes to the layout, to make it more competitive. Also making a playtest submission.

Edited by Nohns
Updated content

the rotation from bombsite A to B takes between 20 and 21 seconds. that is very long.
cutting the red area would help a lot. its an easy way to lower the rotation times, and it wouldnt destroy your general layout.
i recommend changing sth before you start a playtest.
i liked your map, especially the mid area looks interesting. bombsite A might be a little bit huge.

cC6gc9C.png

the rotation from bombsite A to B takes between 20 and 21 seconds. that is very long.
cutting the red area would help a lot. its an easy way to lower the rotation times, and it wouldnt destroy your general layout.
i recommend changing sth before you start a playtest.
i liked your map, especially the mid area looks interesting. bombsite A might be a little bit huge.

cC6gc9C.png

Thank you very much for the feedback! I will try out the change you suggested, and then afterwards playtesting a bit with bots.

For a long time i have felt that the apartments section of the map, was far to large. :)

I'll be showing what i think is a problem in the layout by circling the areas and numbering them. First off with number 1 unless this is a drop off point meaning its a one way for ct, this is incredibly t sided giving them instant access into ct because cts must have 1 player on mid and 2 on each bombsite, they cant spare another to watch this area to make sure no t's go into ct. And regarding 2 i believe mid is also too t sided, if you compare this mid to competitive maps in the game or even other workshop maps most mids have a reconnection into initial t pathways into a bombsite, and a new entrance into a bombsite. This way its not too T sided and it still gives Ts some options.

memedude.png

I'll be showing what i think is a problem in the layout by circling the areas and numbering them. First off with number 1 unless this is a drop off point meaning its a one way for ct, this is incredibly t sided giving them instant access into ct because cts must have 1 player on mid and 2 on each bombsite, they cant spare another to watch this area to make sure no t's go into ct. And regarding 2 i believe mid is also too t sided, if you compare this mid to competitive maps in the game or even other workshop maps most mids have a reconnection into initial t pathways into a bombsite, and a new entrance into a bombsite. This way its not too T sided and it still gives Ts some options.

memedude.png

Hi! Thanks for the feedback!

Right now apartments are connected with the connecter to B site but i'm gonna changed that based on your feedback ;)

Now to your number 2 suggestion: I don't quite understand what mean. Can you maybe try to do an example on a map in the active duty pool? That would be pretty sweet! 

Hi! Thanks for the feedback!

Right now apartments are connected with the connecter to B site but i'm gonna changed that based on your feedback ;)

Now to your number 2 suggestion: I don't quite understand what mean. Can you maybe try to do an example on a map in the active duty pool? That would be pretty sweet! 

Really any current active duty map regarding mid. Dust 2 has a connector into tunnels and a new entrance onto a. Cache has a connection onto checkers and a new entrance onto a. overpass has a connection onto a b pathway and a new entrance onto a.

Really any current active duty map regarding mid. Dust 2 has a connector into tunnels and a new entrance onto a. Cache has a connection onto checkers and a new entrance onto a. overpass has a connection onto a b pathway and a new entrance onto a.

Well, I changed the map to reflect some of the suggestions in the map to this layout:

rdar2.thumb.png.84aebfdeb3ec405e03a15a61

I think this version is a lot better than the old. 

Rotation times from A -> B (and reverse) is 13-15 seconds.

:)

The map is currently very dark in areas. It's even hard to see the routes in the layout. You should probably brighten those areas up a bit (especially T-to-A) :) 

Yes the mini-map is pretty dark, and that's also something i plan to fix soon. :) In-game i added more lights so the sewer area is more lit up.

The map is currently very dark in areas. It's even hard to see the routes in the layout. You should probably brighten those areas up a bit (especially T-to-A) :) 

I have uploaded the new version of the map to hte workshop. Check it out if you want to :)