Jump to content
Quotingmc

de_contract

Recommended Posts

This is starting to look really nice, although as RaVaGe said, it could use some more colors on the walls/floors and such, and maybe a non white lightning.

For reference, I suggest maybe you to take more looks at Nuke, which has some blue on the walls on the outside among other things (found an album here : http://imgur.com/a/bfN7S).

Edited by Lykrast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
35 minutes ago, RaVaGe said:

some brown/grey will do the trick :)

But it's already almost completely grey already! In my opinion it just looks way too clean. The fact that the lights are white too doesn't help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, RaVaGe said:

Add some colors dude, that's really bland right now, some brown/grey will do the trick :)

Are the highlights of red not enough? I may try add a second highlight colour but I fear it may be overwhelming.

14 minutes ago, Lykrast said:

This is starting to look really nice, although as RaVaGe said, it could use some more colors on the walls/floors and such, and maybe a non white lightning.

For reference, I suggest maybe you to take more looks at Nuke, which has some blue on the walls on the outside among other things (found an album here : http://imgur.com/a/bfN7S).

I haven't really messed around with the lighting, will look at doing so.

I have collected over 40 images of nuke as reference (mentioned in an earlier post). I may try incorporate some of the style choices of nuke such as the bands of colour into my map. 

Edit: Album -  http://imgur.com/a/hEwkY

14 minutes ago, Wrakke said:

But it's already almost completely grey already! In my opinion it just looks way too clean. The fact that the lights are white too doesn't help.

Is it really too clean? Nuke has little to no weathering and looks great. I don't want to turn it into you average dirty warehouse map.

Thanks guys for the feedback. These are the kind of discussions that will really benefit the map.

Edited by Quotingmc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You dont have to add dirt to the walls to add some variation - not necessarily.

Some coloured details, like railings, fences, steam beams or just colour to the walls in adition tothe colour you allready added to the ground (which are realy awesome) will do it. In combination with some lighting you'll achieve a nice a nice clean map with high readability and enough variation!

 

Go on like that and please update the workshop regulary. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Shibou said:

You dont have to add dirt to the walls to add some variation - not necessarily.

Some coloured details, like railings, fences, steam beams or just colour to the walls in adition tothe colour you allready added to the ground (which are realy awesome) will do it. In combination with some lighting you'll achieve a nice a nice clean map with high readability and enough variation!

 

Go on like that and please update the workshop regulary. ;)

I will have a go at adding some colour to the ceilings and such today as well as messing with the lighting. I want to update the workshop but I keep having issues with it. Will also try get fixed. Thanks again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Version is realy nice now.
 You can see how it is developing to an exelent map. Right now ho are having some visible nodraws.

The redesigned small roumd looks very nice, just the door has no glass in it, so it is looking even more accessable.

 

de_contract_4d0000.jpg

de_contract_4d0001.jpg

de_contract_4d0002.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shibou said:

 

 

3 hours ago, Ruthlesswill said:

 

Thanks guys for checking the map out! I am aware of a lot of issues with the workshop as it is fairly outdated and a lot have been fixed, the version on there right now was really just for my friends to see. Thanks though for checking it out and you kind support, it really motivates me to keep going!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Progress has been slow. I realised I needed to extend the scope of the map for it to improve visually so I have decided to try make the map feel more alive by adding a greater number of unreachable areas. With such additions also come several new points to take into consideration such as separating playable areas from inaccessible ones. I hope to improve this over time.

The only area I have started with this mentality so far is the T route to A site. I am happy with the initial block out and like how the many building heights and layers create a busy and interesting visual above the players head.

All feedback is taken into consideration so please share any of your thoughts!

Pictures:

Spoiler

D26EAA695B2C590A3980DA193B69D5FB39186780

F7BC912BDCE7E1C28EE14FC21C508EB4EA7BC804

6BB6086D02FACB0C9C49962B8BB0BE56CF6EA423

Video Before/After:

 

 

Edited by Quotingmc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26-3-2016 at 8:45 PM, Quotingmc said:

Are the highlights of red not enough? I may try add a second highlight colour but I fear it may be overwhelming.

I haven't really messed around with the lighting, will look at doing so.

I have collected over 40 images of nuke as reference (mentioned in an earlier post). I may try incorporate some of the style choices of nuke such as the bands of colour into my map. 

Edit: Album -  http://imgur.com/a/hEwkY

Is it really too clean? Nuke has little to no weathering and looks great. I don't want to turn it into you average dirty warehouse map.

Thanks guys for the feedback. These are the kind of discussions that will really benefit the map.

Well some extra highlights or some textures that break up the pattern would be cool.

But on the other side I like clean buildings and estethics we can mess up with blood spatter all over it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tomato said:

Well some extra highlights or some textures that break up the pattern would be cool.

But on the other side I like clean buildings and estethics we can mess up with blood spatter all over it. 

Looking at it now, I agree, some areas have a lot of repetition with nothing to break it up. I will try my best to make it look a little more colourful with less repeating grey metal while still being clean enough to easily see your enemies. Thanks for the feedback!

EDIT: Just realised I never showed the updated B connector, will post next update as that looked to improve on some of those areas from the screenshots posted earlier.

2 hours ago, blackdog said:

Visually something to love already

Thanks! Glad you like it.

New Radar:

de_contract5a.png

Edited by Quotingmc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...