Quotingmc

de_contract

Note : all this feedback was gathered from the workshop version I got, which included no rocks).

First of all, this map looks really promising, at least visually. I'm a huge fan of Season's and new Nuke's look, and I really think this one could look as nice.

Secondly, here is an album of a bunch of minor complains I have : http://imgur.com/a/XgjDO

As well as that, I'll add that it would be nice to have a radar overview in game (even if it's not perfect, just a basic one), as well as arrows pointing towards bombsites, they help navigation drastically and aren't that hard to add.

As for what I've concluded after a match with bots (for all it's worth) : the map plays nicely, I feel like cover at the bombsites is good, I didn't have any major problem when navigating through the map as CT, but I will say that as T the paths to mid aren't that obvious.

A minor final complain would be that you could color code different areas to make them more recognisable, it's already kinda done with A having a red pattern, but the rest was just white.

Overall, very promising, I'll look forward to this map.

19 minutes ago, Lykrast said:

Note : all this feedback was gathered from the workshop version I got, which included no rocks).

First of all, this map looks really promising, at least visually. I'm a huge fan of Season's and new Nuke's look, and I really think this one could look as nice.

Secondly, here is an album of a bunch of minor complains I have : http://imgur.com/a/XgjDO

As well as that, I'll add that it would be nice to have a radar overview in game (even if it's not perfect, just a basic one), as well as arrows pointing towards bombsites, they help navigation drastically and aren't that hard to add.

As for what I've concluded after a match with bots (for all it's worth) : the map plays nicely, I feel like cover at the bombsites is good, I didn't have any major problem when navigating through the map as CT, but I will say that as T the paths to mid aren't that obvious.

A minor final complain would be that you could color code different areas to make them more recognisable, it's already kinda done with A having a red pattern, but the rest was just white.

Overall, very promising, I'll look forward to this map.

Thanks for the feedback.

I have started to colour code the areas, that is my bad for not updating the workshop. I have also began to change some of the T paths especially to A so will add arrows and think about guiding the player better. 

With the radar and nav, just another thing lazy old me needs to get round to. I will do both with the next stable, workshop release, so neither become void if I change a lot.

I agree I need to do a full clipping pass and smooth movement, will try for next update as well. The forklift is random, I agree. Will look to replace.

For the little room in the mid to B connector, I could make it accessible, I am just wondering if it would become a camp spot to hide in and then burst onto B for the back stab on a planting T side as CT have control of the connector first. It could work with a some changes though. I would love to hear if you have any more specific ideas on how that could be developed as an idea.

Thanks again for the feedback, I really do appreciate it and always consider it when I am creating the map :D

8 hours ago, Quotingmc said:

I agree I need to do a full clipping pass and smooth movement, will try for next update as well.

I just remembered (and I can't get a screenshot yet), on the elevated area of A iirc (the one that doesn't have a ladder), there is a part with a fence that is clipped. I would suggest removing that one clip because myself (and maybe other people) have the habit of jumping on that kind of pixelwak then on the fence to climb ir. It's just a little something in the list of the things that would make navigating easier, and I don't think it would change much since you'll be more vulnerable doing those 2 jumps than walking to the ramp.

9 hours ago, Quotingmc said:

For the little room in the mid to B connector, I could make it accessible, I am just wondering if it would become a camp spot to hide in and then burst onto B for the back stab on a planting T side as CT have control of the connector first. It could work with a some changes though. I would love to hear if you have any more specific ideas on how that could be developed as an idea.

I'd say add some small crate near the window so that you could jump through it from the bottom. Considering the window is quite large and the door has a big window in it, as long as you make it lit enough, I don't think people camping here would be a problem (at least if people are experienced enough to check it). At worst, you could just enlarge the window a bit more, or add some crates near its wall (right side when viewing from the door) to reduce the amount of space to check if it proves to be too much of a pain to check.

11 hours ago, Quotingmc said:

I can't Share your concern for that room as a Potential hiding/camping Spot. As Lykrast said, make it lit and reduce the potetial space to hide in. On the other hand the more you reduce the value of the room the more  likely you can erase the whole room.

New Update:

Finally got to work on re-pathing the T entrances to A and added the roof ready for detailing. The map is updated for the workshop but is full off misplaced nodraw, missing clipping and the such.

I have added some large windows to the A site which work perfectly for setting up smokes as well as bending the side route to the site following feedback.

Spoiler

66A68CB29C89451BF636D2FF38E012FD18F52F39

4A480901CD14605294CC109D5BF9EB9F88F6D57B

C332F6B3F4013EF63E5152762CE605871F65734B

3621DADCC4D67E217043B78306F1247E70E97BB9

C87AACB65EDE5DD824691CF34B98273A204F6244

Full credit for rocks goes to @Yanzl

Edited by Quotingmc

3 hours ago, Quotingmc said:

New Update:

Finally got to work on re-pathing the T entrances to A and added the roof ready for detailing. The map is updated for the workshop but is full off misplaced nodraw, missing clipping and the such.

I have added some large windows to the A site which work perfectly for setting up smokes as well as bending the side route to the site following feedback.

Hide contents

66A68CB29C89451BF636D2FF38E012FD18F52F39

4A480901CD14605294CC109D5BF9EB9F88F6D57B

C332F6B3F4013EF63E5152762CE605871F65734B

3621DADCC4D67E217043B78306F1247E70E97BB9

C87AACB65EDE5DD824691CF34B98273A204F6244

Full credit for rocks goes to @Yanzl

Wow, dude! I love those outsides of yours and the clean style inside!

This map is starting to look very nice, keep up the good work!

Although the workshop version still has problems with the custom models for some reason (and why the hell does CSGO have those huge black cubes as error models instead of that small glowing error sign in hl2 games ?).