spa

[CS:GO]de_corp

Thanks man, ill look into making it a bit more worn and detailed after alpha testing. Leafs are a good idea!

Yeah I didnt patch the level with player clips for this stage, I assumed ppl would stay on the player area. Lesson learned :v

Oh and if anyone knows how to make a proper water plane that goes into the horizon i definitely could use some help.

14 hours ago, spa said:

Yeah I didnt patch the level with player clips for this stage, I assumed ppl would stay on the player area. Lesson learned :v

Oh and if anyone knows how to make a proper water plane that goes into the horizon i definitely could use some help.

about scale of the buildings, those buildings must be in 3d skybox

Just now, slavikov4 said:

about scale of the buildings, those buildings must be in 3d skybox

Making them tiny is a way of avoiding having a huge skybox that increases compile time. Its also just a placeholder test for now ;)

I have an update for anyone interested in checking out the map. Ive added more details tweaked A-long and B entrance for better grenade options and lowered the T spawn area a bit:

Workshop Link

de_corp_v051_a.jpg

de_corp_v051_b.jpg

de_corp_v051_c.jpg

Whats left:

• Map still lacks a lot of polish and a big round of optimization at some point.
  • Facades need proper coli
  • Radar isn't fully updated.
  • More custom models (lobby desk, final lobby wall art, etc.)
  • 3D skybox!
  • And finally more play testing! But I'll get to that soonish i hope.

Comments and advice are, as always, highly appreciated! :v

Edited by spa
picture sizes fixed

New update i wanted to share. Map is getting there although some things need more work still. And LOTS of optimization.

However i managed to get a proper 3dskybox in, better tonemapping and added colorcorrection. As always any comments and feedback are super welcome.

Workshop Link

20161204002751_1.jpg

20161204002925_1.jpg

20161204002647_1.jpg

20161204002832_1.jpg

14 hours ago, spa said:

New update i wanted to share. Map is getting there although some things need more work still. And LOTS of optimization.

However i managed to get a proper 3dskybox in, better tonemapping and added colorcorrection. As always any comments and feedback are super welcome.

Workshop Link

20161204002751_1.jpg

Too much brown :D

Seriously though, I think a bit of color palette diversification would help the scenery. Maybe those tile roofs could be of different color instead of dark brown.

A bit of experimentation with different textures should be the answer

Solid work so far, keep it up :)

21 minutes ago, will2k said:

Too much brown :D

Seriously though, I think a bit of color palette diversification would help the scenery. Maybe those tile roofs could be of different color instead of dark brown.

A bit of experimentation with different textures should be the answer

Solid work so far, keep it up :)

Hey man, thanks. - I think i may have gone a little overboard with the color correction ;) i expect it to change a bit with iterations, but yeah i can definitely see what you mean.

Ra7: thanks alot!

I should probably also mention that i plan to rename the map to the slightly less generic name:  de_Icarus

Ill make the change and re-upload the map once i deem the map finished - which is still a while to go.

When u said u was about to complitly redo the map I was like oh no, but dam this looks amazing! Goodjob mate

I love the neutral soft colors myself. Maybe some tiny more bright colored details will do? like u did on the 1th version 

The map name is alright to me.. when I read corp(oration) I directly know the subject/theme of the map. Just like Overpass, which is literally a overpass, Train, Office, Aztec, Italy or a more corresponding element of the theme like dust, mirage, vertigo.

I will soon check it ingame and see if I can find anything

Edited by Roald

19 hours ago, spa said:

20161204002647_1.jpg

not sure if these nuke containers fit here, maybe its better to work with completely different / your own props, especially because they are everywhere around the map

IbZdhHz.jpg

tiny italy like houses look awkward next to the skybox

ZD0Rj1E.jpg

as mentioned above colors/lights need to be reworked completely. here in B i have these blue shadows. im using minimal csgo settings.

furthermore i still see some opportunities to improve the layout as i wrote some time ago on the first page in my second posting.

Edited by baem123

Roald: thanks alot man! ill probably still fiddle back and forth with the CC but yeah more smaller lights and, i think, details in general. Some areas are still a bit barren. Im constantly playing around with colorschemes and surfaces. Its pretty hard to nail the balance between making it seem "cool" and corporate but also having colors and look fun and vibrant for the player. This style has never been my strong suit so im trying to learn and challenge myself here.

The reason for the name change is that "corp" could really mean any map that deals with a corporate environment and i see more and more of them as the more traditional and grungy themes are a bit overdone. Since the corporate in question is called Icarus i think it makes sense to try and own that and have the map name resonate a bit more.

baem123!: thanks dude and also for all your previous feedback! yes i didnt include all of it but it was still extremely helpful. Im trying to keep mid the way it is for now.

Yes the nuke crates are really generic and can easily become a crudge, but i try and restrict them to the bomb sites (with some exceptions ;) ). Theres a piece missing there: the "story" is that they are being transported from the lobby to the b site to be taken away in the truck and that they contain money, barebonds, etc. i had the idea of having a money trail connecting A and B showing the rotation path - ill see how that works and consider something else if not!

I should have mentioned that there's blue artifact/shadows going on. I believe its due to compiling on fast but with HDRI on. I havent done a full compile in ages - dont know if it can be done in a day but ill try and let it run overnight sometime and see.

About the the small dingy house: My thinking on this map is that this newly build corp-building is offset a bit from the overcrowded city-core and placed between some old water-front buildings (A route) and some grungy industrial area (B route). This makes a nice contrast to the building itself and makes the traversal to each of the bombsites from T feel different. It also reinforces this theme of a big expensive corporation infringing on the space of the original inhabitants (like a spaceship that landed there) Maybe it doesnt come across well enough, but thats the idea!

Edited by spa