[CS:GO] de_ridge

2016-02-07_00005.thumb.jpg.d9fec6610ed98
Some stuff needs clipping

2016-02-07_00008.thumb.jpg.ad305efe001d0

Tiny displacement cut here

2016-02-07_00009.thumb.jpg.6853af9e4f4f9

Nodraw visible on this side

2016-02-07_00010.thumb.jpg.dafd58e0d755c

That ivy on the right is the exact size of a CT, and about the same dark colour too. It might be nice to place that somewhere else, as in a split second scenario it might be confusing?
2016-02-07_00011.thumb.jpg.3e405192db5f3
I think moving the stairs to the other end of the hallway would make it more fun to play B site. Right now the entrances all feel very flat, especially where angles are held.

Also, the map is flanking central. It was easy for me to knife the mid sniper, twice! Maybe you could remove some routes, such as the T -> A vent?

Edited by Tyker

- timings and CT control are pretty much non existant at the moment.  Terrorists need at least to be moved back at least 3-4 seconds

- Vent to A is stupid powerful. changing the timing will help here but the difference in height should be lowered a bit imo so CTs have a better angle on it. Less awkward headpook fights

Edited by Vaya

Also, the map is flanking central. It was easy for me to knife the mid sniper, twice! Maybe you could remove some routes, such as the T -> A vent?

Agreed...

This map has too many flanks, some areas are almost impossible to hold because either side would just flank. Try making it harder to flank (to start, remove the vent area). A site is fine with not having two routes for Ts, the one main route is large enough. The vent that goes closer to A makes the cover on the outside wall of A useless, as it can be shot at from near T spawn and the exit of the vents.

Try moving T spawn back a little, CTs have no time to setup on either site.

Update!

General: 

Added a whole new area leading up to A-Site which makes the route from to A Site take a longer amount of time. This means that CT's now actually have time to set up on the site before instantly being rushed down by T's. Additionally, some other minor changes were made to reduce how quickly T's can get to places. Here's some pics of the new area:

0YdqOtL.jpg1QPtMXn.jpg1aYBc04.jpg

The new timings are as follows:

• T to A Site = 14 Seconds
  • CT to A site = 8 Seconds
  • T to Mid = 6 Seconds
  • CT to Mid = 4 Seconds
  • T to B site = 16 Seconds
  • CT to B site = 8 Second

LAYOUT PIC:

CWZHNSl.png

All the timings are based on the quickest possible route. 

I also made the map brighter.

A Site:

Removed the T vents leading into the site.

ReWxvZw.jpg

Replaced crates in the corner with a rocket silo. This removes an awkward head peeking angle into the stairs leading up to the railings. I also changed the railing on A site so that you can now no longer see or shoot through it. 

TrpmlPE.jpg OAlRxih.jpg

Replaced the main tarp-covered crate with a metal one.

cs9ysHR.jpg

Widened the CT entry into the site to make it less claustrophobic.

DJBBrWr.jpg

Removed the rock leading up to the elevated area in front of A Site so that T's can no longer abuse jump scouting. Added crates instead.

1LMzeXL.jpg

B Site:

Added more cover around the CT Platform to make CT positions more safe.

I5hMHSa.jpg

Moved the CT entrance into the site to the wall next to it. This makes retaking the site less awkward. Also added crates to prevent an awkward angle from one entrance to another.

2D7h660.jpg

CT Spawn:

Reduced size of CT spawn and moved it closer inwards towards the map. This allows for CT's to get into sites and mid faster.

jbv9PaK.jpg

Changed around the stairs leading into Mid and B. This removes any head peeks that were previously there. It also makes CT spawn less flat.

4PBf82N.jpg

T Spawn:

Moved T Spawn slightly further back. Made the area more focused and less cluttery.

SVhR2QK.jpg

Mid: 

Removed the construction in the middle of mid which allowed for T's to push mid with ease and gain a lot of free control. Added some other things to compensate for the empty space. I also moved the T side entrance into mid further back towards T Spawn to make CT AWPers feel safer.

fwmEvcn.jpgxemYDmH.jpg

And some other minor changes too, but if I included them all the post would be really long. Also, a major thank you to the people who playtested the map.

Edited by Wrakk

I was about to post some feedback, but you just updated the map, so it's kinda irrelevant :P 

I guess I was the only one that liked the Vent-To-A? :( My thoughts we're that if CT's were given a couple more seconds to set up they could boost up there, creating a strong defensive position.

I still think that one major flaw remains, the defensive line for T's towards B. I managed to handle it pretty well in the playtest, but any organised push from the CT side would destroy the T's.
de_ridge_10009.thumb.jpg.95a480ae9e5bfca

It's very hard to find a position that isn't exposed from another entrance and CT's has a couple of ridiculous lines of sight.
de_ridge_10007.thumb.jpg.f8661c98f565c17
de_ridge_10008.thumb.jpg.e2b3f965c592369

I think you should rework this area to something that 1-2 T's can defend. Some cover in the middle of the area would be nice :)

Update:

A Site:

Replaced an old crate with a new one to fit the rest of the site better. Also changed around some textures and added more detail on the site in general.

iZUzHce.jpg

I also changed the T route into A. The elevated part of the pathway was replaced with a small indoors area which completely removes the awkward angle which caused some ridiculous firefights a few seconds into the round.

3jYF7l6.jpgww09n60.jpg

Mid: 

I made mid a bit narrower in general. Previously it was too big and open. Started detailing one side of mid. (I know the wire looks horrible right now. It's WIP.)

86OiSoh.jpgZllTIYg.jpg

Changed the Mid to B connector. Now it's closer to the T side of mid and the connector itself is a more complex area, which prevents CT's from being able to rush and flank T's going into B.

uG4prvp.jpgJ5cIJR0.jpg

Moved the vent exit to a different wall, removing some awkward angles. I also made some walls thicker to make wallbangs less effective. Added some crates for more defensive opportunities for T's.

WUMj2uN.jpg

B Site:

Changed around some crates and made some pathways thinner. Made the window in B smaller as it was just a bunch of awkward angles before. 

pEIMXxN.jpgRBuaDxW.jpg1mtUROA.jpg

Added some defensive cover for T's before they enter choke points to make CT's rushing B less effective.

z48CUZy.jpg

T-Spawn:

Minor changes to make timings to bombsites more even.

5wgCiMs.jpg

Thanks again to everyone who play tested and provided feedback. Also, Jackophant is great.

Edited by Wrakk

It still needs a lot of work, but the general atmosphere & theme is there. I plan on replacing some generic things like the 'PARKER' logo with my own custom assets once I think of a name for the fictional company...

vJQuQid.jpghO5lP5q.jpgp3YnJ5l.jpg

Edited by Wrakk

Hambhurghers

Thought this was a Pink Panther quote at first glance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6oeAdemFZw (why isn't this embedding? :()

@Wrakk Mid's looking great, but I still think you need to shorten it and then you might not feel like the trees would be necessary (at least centrally). Obscuring a player's vision like that, even with these narrow trees can throw people off, especially as they don't serve a functional purpose.

Similarly to the lampost at the bottom of mid on inferno, you'd want people cursing their own lack of aim rather than a model/prop that is stopping them from making a kill.

Edited by jackophant