Minos

[UE4] Making an Office Environment in Unreal 4 - Tutorial

I would also say the benches look a little bit off. Not designed enough, what about some padding in the center and some wood finish? Just a thought :-) I agree with Moroes, it's just the finer details where the scene lacks IMO because it's overall very nice

I would also say the benches look a little bit off. Not designed enough, what about some padding in the center and some wood finish? Just a thought :-) I agree with Moroes, it's just the finer details where the scene lacks IMO because it's overall very nice

Completely agree with you guys :) I didn't take this as far as I would if I was making it for a game or for my portfolio. For example, I only made a fraction of all the props an environment like this would need. Keep in mind that this was made for educational purposes only, so I had to cut some corners here and there to get it done in a timely manner. My main focus was on the architecture really, where I spent about 70% of my time on.

My main idea with this tutorial is to show you have to make stuff in a simple way. Then you can take what you learned and take it to the next level, either by sculpting some stuff or using substance/ddo.

been following along with this tutorial series, it's really great so far! I've already learned a ton of shit, even the basic windows tips help a lot to improve workflow for any engine. But with some cool UE4 stuff coming to Mapcore soon, this is a badass guide to get up to speed :)

Ready to buy that awesome staff, but interesting how many it will cost for my HDD disk? Or it's just streaming video on website?

I got only 100gb on this moment :|

Edited by r1ar

Hey r1ar! The full tutorial should be about 20 gbs if I remember correctly, but you can stream it as long as gumroad exists. I'm pretty sure if it ever goes down they will let their users know so you can back up stuff :)

I'm going through the tutorial now and I love the workflow! Very dynamic and iterative, perfect for a student of all levels! Easily one of the best modular environment tutorials I've ever seen so far, I wish there was a bit more commentary though. 

I'll definitely use this workflow in my coming projects! Thank's a bunch Minos!

Blast from the past! 

I took some time to make a trailer for this, was lots of fun to edit  :D

Fun fact: The logo animation was made in Unity by my friend Roger Sodre (creator of cs_rio). And the logo was designed by @Thurnip:D

Gumroad DL: www.gumroad.com/unreal4environments

Cubebrush DL: www.cubebrush.co/thiagoklafke