Sign in to follow this  
Psyrius

CS:GO custom gamemode

I'm working on a custom gamemode which will spawn crates with a random weapon around the map and I also want a "king of the hill" system in the middle of the map which works by adding points to the player standing in the zone.

I've been able to make the crates so far. I have one problem with them though. I want to specify how much ammo each of the weapon will have by disabling "SmartEdit" and adding a line which you can see in red in this picture: https://gyazo.com/6afc850a5880f28204e42539645932d2 however, this didn't seem to work in-game.

And how would I proceed by adding this custom point system. Do anyone know?

go to <Steam Dir> /csgo/scripts/

find your weapon_name.text <Make a backup to restore once done>

change clip size to whatever needed

I did this, but this just change the amount of bullets in 1 clip. There's still alot of spare ammo.

I've been able to make so players spawn without weapons, but how can I make them spawn with armor?

Create a game_player_equip entity and deactivate SmartEdit inside. Now press Add and use item_assaultsuit as key for kevlar+helmet (leave value untouched). Use key item_kevlar for kevlar without helmet.

Edited by El_Exodus

And how do I make it so that players respawn like in deathmatch?

mp_respawn_immunitytime				// How many seconds after respawn immunity lasts.
mp_respawn_on_death_t				// When set to 1, terrorists will respawn after dying.
mp_respawn_on_death_ct				// When set to 1, counter-terrorists will respawn after dying.
mp_use_respawn_waves				// When set to 1, and that player's team is set to respawn, they will respawn in waves.
mp_respawnwavetime_ct				// Time between respawn waves for CTs.
mp_respawnwavetime_t				// Time between respawn waves for Terrorists.
Edited by Fnuggi

Thanks guys. I've got it working now! My crate spawning system looks really cool and works really well now :) And you will spawn with armor+helmet.

There's a few thing I need to fix before I'm satisfied though with the system.

First I need to find a way to make a zone which will add points to the player standing there automatically over time. I have an idea at the moment which includes a "func_movelinear". But if someone know if there's a better way, let me know. Also, the "game_score" entity works by adding kills to the player. I'd rather want it to add score. I have no idea how to change this though.

Also, I havn't got the ammo working as I want. I've been adding the "game_weapon_manager" for each weapon and changed the ammo modifier there. If I put in "1" in the ammo modifier, the weapon will have a full clip and 1 extra bullet. But whenever you reload, you get alot of extra bullets. So that's broken, I guess.

I want this gamemode to be balanced, so I can't have weapons with alot of bullets, I need to tweak it. So if someone knows how, please let me know :)

Update on the ammo: I've edited the weapons in csgo/scripts folder, but it doesn't seem to work. Here's an example of the AK47 https://gyazo.com/a199a21e0882c13a65febeb695e59de0

From what @TooProForYahoo are saying and also this site https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Changing_clip_sizes This should work, but it's not.

What happens for me is that every weapon spawn with a full clip and you can see down to your right in the HUD that you have 1 extra bullet. Whenever you reload, you get a full clip of bullets and 60 extra bullets (if we take the AK47 as an example).

Update on the ammo: I've edited the weapons in csgo/scripts folder, but it doesn't seem to work. Here's an example of the AK47 https://gyazo.com/a199a21e0882c13a65febeb695e59de0

From what @TooProForYahoo are saying and also this site https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Changing_clip_sizes This should work, but it's not.

What happens for me is that every weapon spawn with a full clip and you can see down to your right in the HUD that you have 1 extra bullet. Whenever you reload, you get a full clip of bullets and 60 extra bullets (if we take the AK47 as an example).

You need a sourcemod plugin now to change the weapon clip/ammo sizes, sadly.