Sign in to follow this  
RaVaGe

RaVaGe's real life WIP

Super badass stuff mang

Just out of curiosity, how hard/expensive is it to make furniture out of just one piece of wood? I'm thinking in particular of tables and chairs.

Well for a table it's not possible, obviously it depends of the size of the table but doing it out of a single piece of wood is a bad idea, it would not be stable/solid at all, same thing for a chair, also depends of the design... Can't speak about a price tag which can vary a lot.

If you have some pictures of what you mean it could help, but for a typical chair/table, defo not possible and not a good idea at all.

Well for a table it's not possible, obviously it depends of the size of the table but doing it out of a single piece of wood is a bad idea, it would not be stable/solid at all, same thing for a chair, also depends of the design... Can't speak about a price tag which can vary a lot.

If you have some pictures of what you mean it could help, but for a typical chair/table, defo not possible and not a good idea at all.

Definitely not thinking of it as a conventional table. I was thinking more of furniture that looks like this: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjQwWDg1Mg==/z/e3oAAOSwPhdU~zZy/$_1.JPG

Definitely not thinking of it as a conventional table. I was thinking more of furniture that looks like this: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjQwWDg1Mg==/z/e3oAAOSwPhdU~zZy/$_1.JPG

Oh ok, it's definitely not wood ^^, it's a lackered MDF panel, no idea about how this one is done so I can't talk about a price, I guess that if you call a carpenter to make it, it should cost between 800€-1600€

A rounded corner like that is annoying to do, especially inside, but yeah it depends to a lot of things and to the quality expected.

Is this in your house or clients? Coz DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN SON! I want this shit.

The kitchen and the wall are for our clients, the rest is my sister's flat :)

Anyway, if you're looking for cheap furnitures, don't ask me, most of the kitchen I'm designing are rarely under 40K ^^.

I'm using topsolid for the design part, this piece of software is awsum !