Site Changes and Feedback

Sprony

Looks slick and more responsive on mobile, brilliant update!

As for what Radu says, I imagine that section’s template is customisable/has options… I’d say deffo remove the preview text, and picker removal something to consider, if is a few people that does that activity doesn’t seem to harm. Maybe the avatar can be made smaller and overall simplify that section too.

Edited by blackdog

Its better on mobile now, but im seeing a lot less on desktop. Like its zoomed in.

This is what I see when I open mapcore

i5mCecm.jpg

Trying to zoom out just dynamically spaces things out instead of shrinking it.

HaXP9J8.jpg

I dont have any screenshots of the old version, but I used to be able to see Game-Dev, Off-Topic, Prodeus and Source 2 without having to scroll down or zoom out. I dont really see why it has to be so zoomed in or why topics and posts are slightly more spaced out.

I've just made some tweaks (browser caches may need clearing) to cut down on the size of the 'Our Picks' section on the home page, hopefully it's less overwhelming. I still need to figure out the weird issues in the sidebar but it's still usable.

I don't think the base font size or zoom has changed, but there might be a bit more padding around some of the forum titles and such. (These are changes that have been inherited from the software we use rather than something intentionally done.)

Edit: I've also squished the header to try restore some of the space lost to the general added padding.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note that I've done some minor updates:

1. Some headings were invisible, now they're visible.
  2. The articles sidebar used some old custom code that was a real pain to make look right on all screens (phones, tablets, desktops). I gave it a go but it still looked pretty busted on mobile. Given we don't really have many articles nowadays I've removed it for now, as there are other mechanisms such as announcements and Twitter that can be used to give a heads-up about new articles.
  3. The latest software allows our Twitter feed to be shown in the sidebar. This seemed like a nice way of filling that void for now, although if it turns out to not work so well we could put something else there like a latest activity feed.
  4. Spotlight (Our Picks) is now more condensed in the sidebar.

On 4/21/2021 at 6:40 PM, Thrik said:

Just a note that I've done some minor updates:

1. Some headings were invisible, now they're visible.
  2. The articles sidebar used some old custom code that was a real pain to make look right on all screens (phones, tablets, desktops). I gave it a go but it still looked pretty busted on mobile. Given we don't really have many articles nowadays I've removed it for now, as there are other mechanisms such as announcements and Twitter that can be used to give a heads-up about new articles.
  3. The latest software allows our Twitter feed to be shown in the sidebar. This seemed like a nice way of filling that void for now, although if it turns out to not work so well we could put something else there like a latest activity feed.
  4. Spotlight (Our Picks) is now more condensed in the sidebar.

Is it possible to keep the Twitter feed going down the page more? Only showing one tweet feels a bit condensed

52 minutes ago, Thrik said:

Better? I've doubled it for now. :D

I can go further but I suppose it's balancing against the fact it'll make the page longer on mobile (where it stacks below the normal content).

I honestly really like the look of the site rn... :D