Sprony

Site Changes and Feedback

I know this may be a bit picky, but it'd be nice to follow up directly to the newest unread post of a thread with a click of a button like this CzffKlx.pnginstead of manually looking up which post is the newest.

Edited by TearsOfPirates

5 hours ago, TearsOfPirates said:

I know this may be a bit picky, but it'd be nice to follow up directly to the newest unread post of a thread with a click of a button like this CzffKlx.pnginstead of manually looking up which post is the newest.

click on the dot/star left of the thread title. it jumps to the first unread post.

Something that has started to bug me recently. The lack of a reply to comment button was obviously intended to decrease the amount of people filling up topics and make them think before posting. However it is ineffective, and everytime someone posts on a topic the whole thing gets marked as unread and you have to scroll all the way down, hit last page, and then realise that it was a "thanks for your feedback" message written to someone else. The symbol reactions are decent and usually prevent people from posting "agreed" or "exactly" although sometimes I feel they don't represent the emotion I want to express (is this too deep?). If I were to suggest a rework of the comment system I would make brand new (standalone) comments create notifications and then allow for the user to comment on what someone says without quoting them and wasting space 99% of the time. If the comments were placed in an arrangement like reddits quoting would not be necessary as the indentations would indicate what was being replyed to. I do realize the fact that this is a forum and is not meant to have a high density of comments but I feel there is no good middle ground between reactions and quoting (to say thanks for example). Also what is up with being able to edit quotes? You can literally misquote people worse than Pope Urban II misquoted Jesus XD

@Interfearance you can just tag ppl as I just did. Plus you don’t need to faff to get to last post, shortcut explainer literally two post up. There’s also a link to the right of a topic where it says when was last post, I use that.

One thing that seems to be missing compared to other forums is the setting to view the latest post first.

@blackdogyeah I was really about to delete my comment. Throughout the week I learned a lot more about the site's system. However, the notifications still have flaws. If you follow someone to see their posts you are shown a notification every time they react (is there a way to change this?). Also the actual creator of the thread is surreptitious compared to the last commenter in the list view. I don't really see the rationale in this as opposed to badges with numbers for unread replies like the bell. Their pfp takes up a good space on mobile formats. Rest of what I said in the last post was really stupid when I reflect on it. I am still learning. When I first came to mapcore I asked people for feedback through messages cuz I thought the community was like 100 people 😬

No, from what I can see in the notification settings you can only receive notifications for those you follow, or you don’t, no further granularity.

Our community managers can try ask for changes but keep in mind that, as a software, this forum is developed and maintained by people not related to mapcore

2 hours ago, blackdog said:

@FMPONE @[HP] can you ban this fake profile? Messaged me one of those “my husband is dead take my money” messages

https://www.mapcore.org/profile/37169-thomas-anne/

also can we pin this topic?

Can I have your part of the 9 million? Thanks

Any chance that a diff tool like TwentyTwenty could be added to the site?

It would be really nice way to show off the changes to your levels while you are working on them.

The CS GO Team uses the same plugin when releasing a blog post about new maps, like Inferno or Dust II.

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

Any chance that a diff tool like TwentyTwenty could be added to the site?

It would be really nice way to show off the changes to your levels while you are working on them.

The CS GO Team uses the same plugin when releasing a blog post about new maps, like Inferno or Dust II.

Great idea. I wonder if @Thrik could make that happen?