Sprony

Site Changes and Feedback

On 24/02/2018 at 12:38 PM, blackdog said:

I can sort of understand since he left under not the best of terms, but this hurts the community :(

Yeah, it sucks but it's life. Sprony did contact me (and others) to explain and such and I've got no hard feelings.

Sucks my interview is gone as I really enjoyed doing it and reading peoples responses. Maybe there will be another sometime soon :) 

Only just noticed that. Those things can effect people being able to get a visa for other countries.

Talked to Sprony, he just missed me off his message and let me know the situation.

Edited by Vilham

17 minutes ago, Thrik said:

Is that still happening @jackophant

Looks perfectly fine on Samsung's browser.

It may be browser dependant (seems he's using chrome?). Maybe that'll help down the line to pinpoint the issue if it's a more general issue.

On 20/03/2018 at 12:13 PM, jackophant said:

Looks good now :)

Judging from your question, I presume something was changed rather than me going crazy? 

That's right. :D 

Sorry the gravedig, not sure what's going on behind the scenes but wanted to report that recently I have been experiencing problems in logging in. Basically it seems that when I try to log in on a machine from where I'm not already logged, I get an error. This happened for example when attempting to log in from work, I got locked out because of "wrong pwd". I was pretty sure I must have got the one at least once but ok… I just came on my own PC and found it not logged in (???!) and despite the user/pwd being saved and auto-filled by the browser… login failed! Had to reset and put my good old password, and it worked.

It happened several times I must say.

Also another weird bug with the post editor textbox: it seems I can't paste-in text/urls on Mapcore if I close the source tab (or navigate to another address). Not sure if is just MS Edge (I'm using this recently), but I thought was the browser's problem, but after trying to reproduce for MS (I tweeted to them) it turns out is a problem I experience only trying to paste in the post textbox (subject of a new topic is fine for example).

19 hours ago, blackdog said:

Sorry the gravedig, not sure what's going on behind the scenes but wanted to report that recently I have been experiencing problems in logging in. Basically it seems that when I try to log in on a machine from where I'm not already logged, I get an error. This happened for example when attempting to log in from work, I got locked out because of "wrong pwd". I was pretty sure I must have got the one at least once but ok… I just came on my own PC and found it not logged in (???!) and despite the user/pwd being saved and auto-filled by the browser… login failed! Had to reset and put my good old password, and it worked.

Also another weird bug with the post editor textbox: it seems I can't paste-in text/urls on Mapcore if I close the source tab (or navigate to another address). Not sure if is just MS Edge (I'm using this recently), but I thought was the browser's problem, but after trying to reproduce for MS (I tweeted to them) it turns out is a problem I experience only trying to paste in the post textbox (subject of a new topic is fine for example).

Is anyone else experiencing these bugs?

20 hours ago, blackdog said:

I didn't have any password problems once I did 1 reset. Also you would do good to switch to Firefox Quantum or Chrome. Edge may have a pretty facade but it is actual dog shit (no pun intended) even with webgl 2.0 on the rise. After a few hundred hours on each, I stuck with Firefox as (providing you have a decent DNS and WiFi service) it tended to load pages faster as well as having a more clean and practical asthetic. They are all becoming the same these days but Microsoft kinda ditched edge for a new Chromium based browser they are working on.