Sprony

Site Changes and Feedback

Why not just moving the Status Updates more towards the bottom instead of removing them? I always liked them for having a quick overview of what people do. The few spam attempts were not really a problem in my eyes. Otherwise cool to see some change (although Mapcore is already love <3).

Why not just moving the Status Updates more towards the bottom instead of removing them? I always liked them for having a quick overview of what people do.

I kinda agree with Exodus.

The status update is a nice little feature to quickly keep tabs on what's going on around the site.

Could be moved to another location to make room for articles or it could be its own subforum if that is possible (like off-topic, you would have a subforum in "General" called "status update" where all updates could be gathered in one place).

Why not just moving the Status Updates more towards the bottom instead of removing them? I always liked them for having a quick overview of what people do. The few spam attempts were not really a problem in my eyes. Otherwise cool to see some change (although Mapcore is already love <3).

I kinda agree with Exodus.

The status update is a nice little feature to quickly keep tabs on what's going on around the site.

Could be moved to another location to make room for articles or it could be its own subforum if that is possible (like off-topic, you would have a subforum in "General" called "status update" where all updates could be gathered in one place).

Both of you have valid points, something we considered actually. However, it's not used that often anyway and most things that do get posted barely get replies. So that's why we've decided to drop it entirely. I do want to point out that @Quotingmc made some excellent suggestions regarding our user profile contact information. It's ancient. It still uses fields for AOL, MSN, ICQ, etc. Do you know anybody that still uses that? I don't. I would like to see that changed to stuff like Twitter, Facebook, Steamid, Origin, Battlenet, PSN, Xbox Live, etc. That should give you enough options to find and follow someone so you can see their status :P

Would be cool if you could turn user's profiles into a sort of mini portfolio. Promote current project, a couple screenshots etc etc.

bit like the steam profiles?

would that sort of distract from the topics we should be creating for discussion which are more publicly accessible?

Edited by jackophant

Both of you have valid points, something we considered actually. However, it's not used that often anyway and most things that do get posted barely get replies. So that's why we've decided to drop it entirely. I do want to point out that @Quotingmc made some excellent suggestions regarding our user profile contact information. It's ancient. It still uses fields for AOL, MSN, ICQ, etc. Do you know anybody that still uses that? I don't. I would like to see that changed to stuff like Twitter, Facebook, Steamid, Origin, Battlenet, PSN, Xbox Live, etc. That should give you enough options to find and follow someone so you can see their status :P

i have to protest I still have my AOL adress ;) but yeah good idea  though :)

Keep up the good work :)

would that sort of distract from the topics we should be creating for discussion which are more publicly accessible?

Nah I was thinking you could link to your topic on your profile. So if I wanted to know what your were currently working on it would show something like the below:

https://www.mapcore.org/topic/17628-csgo-de_stupa/

(it's meant to show the topic preveiw here but it's not working- other suggestion- get the software working consistently!)

Edited by Vaya

Thanks for having me on board

The way I read it, it would do the opposite. You say something in a thread and I click on your profile and am able to see topics you have chosen to spotlight which leads me to your thread.