D3ads

System Shock 3

Art-style wise, It looks like Dead Space and Doom 3 mixed together which is not necessarily a good thing unfortunately.

Also, huge puddles of blood need to go, that is a bit of a caricature at this day and age :(

Gameplay bits look hopeful though!

The redux/remaster version is a free update for owners of the original. Not sure if this is the version we have been posting about? I remember it was supposed to run on Unity but the cover here says Source?

So many remakes in this day and age.

On 9/7/2018 at 6:57 PM, blackdog said:

The redux/remaster version is a free update for owners of the original. Not sure if this is the version we have been posting about? I remember it was supposed to run on Unity but the cover here says Source?

So many remakes in this day and age.

I realise I misread the original tweet, no Source Engine involves, they talk about using the original source code… but in the about section they say this:

Adapted to Nightdive's KEX engine

But if my memory is correct still is a change of tech from first news.

Anyway it’s there 😬

Trying not to get too hyped...

23 hours ago, blackdog said:

Actual teaser

Now it says Unity… I’m so fucking confused about the development of this game.

Not sure if I misread what you mean but they are two separate games.

Edited by dux

Seems like Nightdive Studios has announced an enhanced edition for System Shock 2 coming soon! :D

If you're as confused as I was when I heard of this, cos I could swear this happened a few years ago already, after some digging seems like Nightdive Studios is currently working on a remake of the original System Shock AND oversaw the re-release of System Shock 2 in 2013, so I'm curious to see what this coming "Enhanced Edition" for SS2 will bring to the table. Even though SS remake was successfully backed at $1.3mil by more than 20k people, this is probably an attempt for them to make some extra cash with the IP, smart move.

The sequel is still happening and here's the teaser if you haven't' seen it yet, it's being developed by OtherSide Entertainment!

54 minutes ago, [HP] said:

Seems like Nightdive Studios has announced an enhanced edition for System Shock 2 coming soon! :D

If you're as confused as I was when I heard of this, cos I could swear this happened a few years ago already, after some digging seems like Nightdive Studios is currently working on a remake of the original System Shock AND oversaw the re-release of System Shock 2 in 2013, so I'm curious to see what this coming "Enhanced Edition" for SS2 will bring to the table. Even though SS remake was successfully backed at $1.3mil by more than 20k people, this is probably an attempt for them to make some extra cash with the IP, smart move.

The sequel is still happening and here's the teaser if you haven't' seen it yet, it's being developed by OtherSide Entertainment!

Do we know when the remake is coming out?

12 hours ago, FMPONE said:

Do we know when the remake is coming out?

Judging from their Kickstarter updates page, it seems like they're right in the middle of production. My gut tells me it's a couple years away from gold mstr.