D3ads

System Shock 3

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/system-shock-remake-in-production-system-shock-3-d/1100-6432215/

Night Dive Studios, the team behind the recent Enhanced Edition re-release of System Shock, is working on a full remake of the game, in addition to discussing a brand new entry in the series.

In an interview with Fast Company, studio CEO Stephen Kick said it has "acquired the full rights to the franchise" and has been working with Robert Waters, the original concept artist, to reimagine his designs.

"Seeing the difference between his artistic abilities back then compared to now, and his ability to reinterpret those ideas, its just been really exciting for us," he said.

The interview goes on to state a console version of the System Shock full remake is planned. Larry Kuperman, Night Dive's head of business development, also added the studio is "having some conversations" about System Shock 3.

Hmmm.. well, SHODAN has to be voiced by Terri Brosius again or I'll beat someone the fuck up...

I never played any of it :(

I remember there was a demo of the first in a shareware, but dunno if it was bugged, we just didn't know English enough to be able to do anything with it.

Didnt know they were re-releasing it, might be interesting picking it up. And definitely a reboot/remake with original people involved sounds like a great recipe.

Ther's some screenshots of the remake:

http://80.lv/articles/first-images-of-system-shock-3d-remake/

Wish they would go a bit further adding detail to the actual level geometry. But looks much improved over the original.

I wonder if the game is still as good as i remember it. SS1 really blew my mind back in the days. Nothing comparable existed back then except for Ultima Underworld.

Edited by Steppenwolf

PLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCK

PLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCKPLEASE DONT SUCK

Imagine saying that to a girl ;)

Warren Spector returns to full-time game dev to make System Shock 3

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/266070/Warren_Spector_returns_to_fulltime_game_dev_to_make_System_Shock_3.php?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Warren Spector is one of the best designers I know, he was teaching class in a university somewhere in texas for the last few years and hearing that not only he's getting back into the game but to make SS3 is just amazing! :D